collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 306
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Debutant Vettel impresses  (Read 991 times)

The Stig

Debutant Vettel impresses
« on: June 16, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »
Having been thrust into the limelight at short notice, Sebastian Vettel acquitted himself well in practice for the United States Grand Prix ahead of his highly anticipated race debut for BMW Sauber.

Touted as a star of the future, Vettel's debut has nonetheless come earlier than expected courtesy of Robert Kubica's withdrawal following his smash in Canada last week, with many talent scouts keen to see if he can live up to his potential.

Luckily for team boss Mario Theissen, Vettel proved impressive on his first outing around the Indianapolis circuit, the 19-year-old just one position and two tenths behind his most obvious compare, Lewis Hamilton, during the morning session.

Although he slipped from fourth to 11th in the afternoon as the pace began to improve, the World Series by Renault championship leader was content with his day's work reacclimatising himself with the F1.07 machine he last drove in April.

"Obviously today it was going quite well," Vettel said. "We did a lot of mileage and we were able to find out quite a bit about the tyres and the set-up of the car.

"We have just been trying to progress. I think it is a normal Friday. Of course it is a completely new task for me but so far I am quite happy with what I did.

"I think now is about working together with the team to find the maximum for tomorrow and Sunday.

"I don't have expectations as today it was important to get used to the car again as the last time I drove it was Friday in Malaysia.

"The car is not so bad as you could see we were quite quick in Montreal, and here also it doesn't look so bad. I thought the track was quite good with a nice rhythm, and it is quite interesting to drive with the banking.

"After a couple of times you get quite used to it but it is fun."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle