collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 512
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Are you involved in racing?  (Read 5886 times)

Offline johnbull

Re: Are you involved in racing?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »
Just discovered that a magazine I supply with articles is on the net at www.nitro.com.mt

I've tried downloading issue one without much success. Would anybody like to have a try and let me know if they succeed.

If it isn't working I'll phone them tomorrow morning.

Issue 2 is out today. It's an improvement on issue 1 but I do wish they would let me proof read it before passing it to the printers.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
Got it, John - in PDF format.  Only problem now is: how do I send it on to you?

Which is your article, by the way?

Oh, and there's a photo of the editor(ess).  Now I know why you write for them...   :yahoo:
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 10:48:33 PM »
I got location 3 to work fine.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »
Got it, John - in PDF format.  Only problem now is: how do I send it on to you?

Which is your article, by the way?

Oh, and there's a photo of the editor(ess).  Now I know why you write for them...   :yahoo:
If her English were as good as her looks, it would help. She's a bloody embarrasement. I keep offering politely to read her articles.

To answer your question. Most of the news items, after her editorial are mine. There's a pic of Josh (red overalls and yellow cap) i believe. Also the hill climb articles are mine.

Let me know what you think.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 11:26:57 PM »
Location 1 worked straight away for me.

The mag's brilliant, John - very photo-rich and well designed.  I haven't read any articles yet but I will when I find some time.  In between work and wasting time in here, I mean...  ;)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »
You're quite right. Matthew, the designer is only young but he has such wonderful ideas.

Where it falls down is in the English of some of the articles, and the fact that there's no proof reading.

For my articles I gave Caroline (the ed.) photos taken by a professional photographer who comes to all out events. He gave them to me free, on condition that I put a credit by each one - fair enough. I pointed this out a dozen times. Do you think they did that?

Caroline is wizard on football, she may even be pretty, but I'm afraid she has no idea about motorsport. Pity.

Issue 2 is a bit better but still the English is terrible.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »
I've read quite a bit now (all of your stuff plus the editorial) and I see what you mean about Caroline.  She's okay but her lack of knowledge of the sport shines through somehow.  And I don't like being told that something is "awesome!".

Your articles were great, John - comprehensive and clear.  Good photos, especially of the Anastasi clan.  ;)

Then I came to the last few pages and half the ads were for a certain John Bull Motors.  Just how much of the island do you own, anyway?  :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 05:41:06 PM »
Only 2 John Bull ads.

The tyre business - John Bull garage, and the RC Car business - John Bull racing.

But as you have probably noticed, I am very heavily involved in the local racing scene - though not in the way that Bernie is, and certainly not moneywise.

Over the last 4 months i have been working my butt off setting up a Malta Motorsport Federation. We are now in the final stages and have almost all the local clubs involved. We are launching ther event with a big 3 day event mid October and that's keeping me pretty occupied trying to co-ordinate all the clubs, events etc.

It's been my dream to see motorsport recognised by the authorities here, and finally in my old age it finally seems to be happening.

It's hard work, totally unrewarding financially, but it's a challenge. I can't put my head down in a car, and GO for it any more, at least I can find a challenge in this sort of thing, and when it's functioning properly I can move back and let somebody else run it. For my sins I'm chairman of the executive council at the moment. A fancy sounding title, but alot of hard work.

All for the kids.  I enjoy it really. Seeing kids like son Josh, and nephews Matthew and Zack progress like that is the greatest satisfaction.

And boy are they quick. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:11 PM »
That's brilliant, John (not awesome!).  We are honoured that you manage to fit in the forum in between all that!

I think I have had a totally wrong idea of the size of Malta, however.  I thought that it was pretty small - so that, if you got up to a reasonable speed in a car, you'd drive off one end or the other.  How big is it really?

Offline johnbull

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »
How big is Malta. The Maltese archipelago is made up of mainly 4 islands, 2 of which are inhabited. Malta is 19 miles x 13 miles and Gozo is 13 miles by 9 miles.

Population just under half a million.

What a terrible Sunday this has been! ::) No motorsport on telly. We just didn't know what to do with ourselves, so I spent the afternoon snoozing by the pool at my sisters. ;)

WE incidentally refers to my brother in law Alex and myself.

Bikes next weekend, thank goodness.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
I raced in Karts a few years back and actually put up the best time on a circuit within five laps of driving on it a few times. Some of those I am told still stand today.
my involvement with racing is limited to sometimes advising the Industrial group I work for on sponsorships.
Infact the group I work for sponsors Akhil Kushlani who is presently leading the BMW Formula championships.
My employers seem to think that I have racing knowledge atleast the commercial part of it and use me suitably in that regard.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline johnbull

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 06:06:47 PM »
Just noticed that the second issue of the local magazine NITRO is now on line at www.nitro.com.mt

There are a few more articles by yours truly. Enjoy.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle