collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 529
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The Stepney Plot Thickens...Or Does It?  (Read 9821 times)

Offline johnbull

Re: The Stepney Plot Thickens...Or Does It?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2007, 10:33:57 PM »
There seems to be quite a lot said and written about all this yet nothing at all in here.

Is it possible it doesn't interest anyone, and no one has any views on the matter?

It looks like the whole thing has taken a new tack over the last couple of days, and it's looking more and more likely that Ron is right and Mc Laren really don't have anything to do with it at all.

So will Ferrari apologise to Ron? I doubt it.

And if it turns out that all the Ferrari accusations and digs at Mc Laren were completely unfounded, will the FIA punish Ferrari? I doubt that too.

Such is the state of Formula 1 in the Mosley/Bernie era.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2007, 11:58:25 PM »
I think maybe people are waiting to see what happens, John.  It interests me because I marvel at the machinations of others and wonder about motives, but perhaps it's not the sort of thing the average F1 fan wants to know about.  It's not good to have your heroes dragged through the dirt, after all.

From today's developments, it seems that there is some substance in the matter of Coughlan having Ferrari documents but we still don't know exactly what they are (perhaps never will).  Court case adjourned until tomorrow.  But the focus is shifting on to Coughlan rather than Stepney now...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Dare

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2007, 11:59:20 PM »
Think it just died out johnbull

Pretty much what you predicted turned out
Curious as to where this ends up leading to
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online cosworth151

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 12:01:31 AM »
With so many different stories coming from so many different sources, I'm just waiting to see how it all shakes out.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 03:52:26 PM »
Looks as though it's all heading back to Italy, Cos: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60706

In which case you could be in for a long wait...  ;)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »
The whole thing is so typically Italian.

Big fuss.  Blame everyone.  Then just let it fade away.

I'm still waiting to see what the FIA is going to do about it, now that Mc laren's image has been tarnished unnecessarily.

But I suppose I had better not hold my breath.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »
John ! Ferrari have struck a deal with the Mclaren engineer who has agreed to apparently cooperate. God only kows what it means ?
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
What it means is that the target has always been Stepney, not Coughlan.  They just want something to link the documents with Stepney.  The fact that McLaren has had its reputation questioned in the meantime doesn't seem to matter...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2007, 08:19:55 AM »
The document below, copied from Autosport just about sums up Ferrari and the Italians in their true colours.

No wonder they are disliked and mistrusted by so many people.

Two faced gits, the lot of them. >:D

In a statement issued by Ferrari this evening, the team confirm this agreement but make it clear their case against the Coughlans is not over.

"In light of the hearing yesterday in the High Court in London," Ferrari stated, "relating to the case between Ferrari S.p.A. and the Coughlans, Ferrari wishes to make clear the following:

"The legal teams on both sides had reached an agreement on two procedural points that were to be discussed in a further hearing this morning.

"Therefore, the hearing in which these procedural points were to be discussed has been cancelled.

"Mike Coughlan has today provided Ferrari with an affidavit relating to relevant facts and Ferrari has agreed not to forward the affidavit to the Italian criminal authorities.

"The agreement reached between the parties therefore concerns only the procedural aspects mentioned above.

"The case brought by Ferrari in England against the Coughlans therefore continues in terms of what is decided by the High Court in London."

Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2007, 04:45:22 PM »
I must admit I am finding it all fascinating, as McLaren seem to be very firm in their denials whilst Ferrari seem to be doing a lot of sabre rattling.  I am just waiting to see how things pan out, probably after the extradordinary meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council before really saying much else.  I just do not see McLaren would be so dumb as to get caught cheating and I think they are unfairly being dragged through the undergrowth. 

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
Apparently, the affidavit was given on the understanding that Ferrari would not use it in the Stepney investigation by the courts in Italy.  Now the High Court has to decide whether there is a case for the Coughlans to answer.  No mention has been made of the next hearing date so who knows how long that will take?

Offline johnbull

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »
More news in Autosport. The FIA are said to be investigating Mc. Laren.

Are the FIA really that thick, or are they just as bent as Ferrari.

If I understand their logic, if I work with a company making toy elephants, but I'm caught feeding canabis to clockwork mice in my back yard at home, then my employers are responsible for my behaviour.

My golly you Brits are lucky Max didn't make it into politics.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:57:07 PM by johnbull »
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Online cosworth151

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »
The case has taken another turn. I was just checking the FIA's website about Indy, and found this in the press section:

Representatives of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes have been requested to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Thursday, July 26, 2007.

The team representatives have been called to answer a charge that between March and July 2007, in breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had unauthorised possession of documents and confidential information belonging to Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, including information that could be used to design, engineer, build, check, test, develop and/or run a 2007 Ferrari Formula One car.

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »
Just read it too.

Unbelievable, isn't it.

And Max and the FIA expect us to take them seriously.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2007, 05:08:12 PM »
The FIA have to be seen doing something or we might suspect that they aren't doing their jobs.  But how they expect to be able to work out whether any parts on the McLaren were influenced by the Ferrari documents is beyond me.  Just because a part looks very similar to its equivalent on another car doesn't mean that copying has taken place - it's just evidence that engineers tend to come to the same conclusions independently when trying to achieve the same object.

The real problem is the the FIA are so unpredictable in matters like these.  Remember the mass damper decision that seemed to be based on no logic at all (mass dampers movable aerodynamic devices indeed!).  Anything could happen once those idiots get involved and, if they decide to start docking points, they will seriously damage a sport that is already a laughing stock in some quarters.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle