collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 161
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I Love Stats  (Read 15058 times)

Offline Chameleon

I Love Stats
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:07:07 PM »
I don't know about everyone else in this forum but I love stats.  It's true that they can be selectively chosen to prove anything you want to but, even so, I find them interesting to look at and play with.  Some of us may not have realised that the forum has pretty detailed stats available - on the Forum page, go right to the bottom and look for the wording "More Stats".  It's quite surprising what details this baby tracks.

The reason I mention this now is because, even though John Bull probably wasn't aware of it, he and I have been engaged in a struggle to the death statwise.  John and I joined the forum at about the same time and then, a while back, I noticed the Stats page and had a look.  And there was John, already showing as the tenth top poster of all time!

Now, like most F1 fans, a fierce spirit of competition lurks within me - this was an assault on my pride, that John should already be so far ahead of me.  I didn't cheat by posting unnecessarily, but I began to keep an eye on the stats to see how I was doing.  But, as you will see from the pic, John's a pretty fast poster and I've had my work cut out just to keep him in sight:

Oh yes, we vanquished Vanquish some time ago but, let's be fair, he's in the pits trying to fix some problem or other.  And still I struggle to keep up with John...

But there's another field of endeavour where I've been catching John slowly - Most Time Online in the Forum.  For ages I've been gradually hauling John in and am happy to announce that yesterday I got past him at the chicane and am now in ninth place, thereby demoting him to tenth!  And here's the pic to prove it:

This may be my one moment of fame since John has such stamina and posting abilities but I may as well enjoy it.  And whaddaya say, John - game on?  :D

Yes, I know it's sad but hey, real racers will find ways wherever they are.  They say of Gilles Villeneuve that he'd race anything...

Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

Re: I Love Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »
Right Chammy. You're on !!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I must admit i never noticed all this, but now that you mention it, I'm surprised by the posting stamina of some of the guys ........ and gals out here.

I thought I spend quite some time on here, but boy I'm just a spring chicken compared to some of the more seasoned posters here.

I used to frequent another non F1 orientated forum where there were a few members with very little to do who seemed to get their kicks out of simply posting useless rubbish. They'd be on all day, every day. At least we can both say that our posts do have reasonable content. i very rarely put in posts with just a smilie.

But yes i'm abit annoyed with myself seeing the hours I have spent on here.

I suppose it goes to prove what a great forum this is. that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. :good: :good: :good:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 10:38:17 PM »
Yes, it's a bit of a shock to realise you've been in the forum for more than a day of your life already!  The others, well, they've had more time to add to their score.  But I like your excuse - I think I'll use that one too.  ;)

So that's the rule anyway - only posts with real content (and the others can be the WMSC if there's a dispute)!

:good:

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »
At least you two can be trusted not to make this a scandal if you don't agree with the GP Wizard WMSC  ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 11:41:57 PM »
I wouldn't be too sure of that, Alianora - I noticed an oblique reference to flexible wings in one of John's posts and am pondering sending a carefully worded letter to the scrutineers...  :D

But allow me to introduce you (sixteen posts already - I think John and I have competition!) and welcome you to our little gathering.

[to the assembled crowd] This young lady, ladies and gentlemen, is that same Alianora I have mentioned in chat before and I am delighted that she has chosen to grace us with her presence.  Do not be fooled by her dainty ways and attractive looks - she is a veritable encyclopaedia of F1 knowledge and facts and we are honoured to have her amongst us.  No longer will we be able to get away with vague generalisations and approximate data - Alianora will set us on the right path gently but firmly (I know this from experience ;)).  And you will find she is a priceless asset to the forum; ask a question and, even if she knows not the answer right there and then, it will be forthcoming in the near future.

Treat her kindly and well; her contributions will be highly valued and can but add to our enjoyment of the greatest sport of all.  And finally...

Welcome, Alianora!  :)

.oO(there, that should have embarrassed her somewhat :D)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:04:54 AM by Chameleon »

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:30 AM »
I wouldn't be too sure of that, Alianora - I noticed an oblique reference to flexible wings in one of John's posts and am pondering sending a carefully worded letter to the scrutineers...  :D
Hey, aren't we in this together. I thought we were going to sell the papers to Spyker. They certainly need them.

[to the assembled crowd] This young lady, ladies and gentlemen, is that same Alianora I have mentioned in chat before and I am delighted that she has chosen to grace us with her presence. 
You dirty old man Cammy. :yahoo:

Do not be fooled by her dainty ways and attractive looks
I'm not. Show us proof. You're acting a bit like Ferrari here.

- Alianora will set us on the right path gently but firmly (I know this from experience ;)). 
Thanks mate, I have a dragon at home that does that all the time.

she has a priceless asset

You dirty old man Chammy.  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:35:08 AM by johnbull »
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 12:00:33 PM »
JB, Chammy, does this friendly competition mean that dare has to setup a new version of the grid game for your posts and time online??

Rom  :crazy:

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:24:20 AM »
JB and Cham, Wizard's already done a posting competition on here so it's old hat, thats not a sarcastic comment either, that would'nt be nice
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
Ah, but John and I weren't here then, Ian.  Think of it as a new season with everything to play for.  And look to your laurels!  :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 10:26:24 PM »
Nice one Chammy. Putting these youngsters in their place ay?  :yahoo: :good:
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »
Sometimes it is necessary to slap 'em down a bit, John.  Let 'em know that it's not a good idea to get in the way of two old geezers racing!  :D

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »
On your turbo zimmer frames I presume.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »
Certainly not, Ian.

Turbos were banned years ago...  :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »
Just to play Ian's game for a bit, I had a couple of frustrating moments just recently, tied up with getting old and fat.

After the last sprint my son suggested I do a couple of laps with his single seater. "You've done all this work on it and you haven't driven it yet". He was quite right, why shouldn't I.

Answer - I couldn't squeeze my bum into the seat.

Last Saturday I was helping out a couple of kids with Karting and again the offer from one of the dad's: "would you like to do a few laps?"

I'd love to but I know I won't fit in it.
 >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »
I know what you mean, JB. The daughter of a friend of mine now works at White Castle, a local fast food place. I've known her since she was a baby. I talked with her while she rang up the order. I noticed that the total was too low. I looked at the register slip and saw those two dreaded words: "Senior Discount." :swoon:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle