collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 370
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I Love Stats  (Read 14888 times)

Offline johnbull

Re: I Love Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »
Yes that's one of the advantages. We get a special ID card when over 60 and I tell you what, I use mine.

When we took the racing car across to Gozo I drove the truck with all the junk and the racing car and trailer in tow. I presented my card and the ticket cost me 3.5 Maltese liri - about 11 us$. My mate next in the queue for the ferry with a similar set up paid 36 us$.

So yes, it does have it's advantages.

But I still wouldn't mind going back to being 21 for a while. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Ian

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 10:28:15 PM »
' Just to play Ian's game ',not with you johnbull
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 01:12:44 AM »
' Just to play Ian's game ',not with you johnbull

I think John meant : taking the mick about old age, Ian.  It's one of the things that makes getting older easier to cope with - the ability to laugh at oneself.  ;)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

The Stig

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 01:17:15 AM »
Why..are you lot not sitting in a circle and knitting?
Stig
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:19:10 AM by The Stig »

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 01:57:55 AM »
Fingers too gnarled and callused from years of holding a steering wheel and a gear lever...  :D

The Stig

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 02:02:01 AM »
It don't fool me......
Going on holiday for two weeks to rest my callused bits.
Kind Regards to all,
Stig
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:25:28 AM by The Stig »

Offline Ian

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 08:59:46 PM »
Have a good one Stig.  :good:

Ian
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 09:13:35 PM »
Enjoy yourself on holidays, Stig - we'll be here to talk to anytime you find an internet connection over there.  :D
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »
Where are you off to Stig?
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 06:16:05 PM »
Warning! Long post alert!

Hey, aren't we in this together. I thought we were going to sell the papers to Spyker. They certainly need them. {{johnbull - 6 posts from top}}

Tut, tut, johnbull and Chameleon. Spyker supporter I may be, but I cannot condone IPR (intellectual property rights) theft on this forum - though given the way the conversation reached that point, I suspect you're just trying to tease me  ;)

Besides, Spyker don't need them so much now Adrian Sutil can keep back a Honda on merit. Maybe the IPR thieves would be better-advised to supply their knowledge to Honda. Oh, sorry, I forgot - they've already tried that and failed to get Nick Fry to discuss it with them.

And I don't think Chameleon is trying to sound dirty - he likes joking with people (no wonder he gets on so well with the other people in this forum, then! :) )

I'm not [fooled by ways and looks]. Show us proof. {{johnbull - 6 posts from top of page 1}}

Well, I'm not quite sure how to prove the dainty ways, because I didn't know I had any (perhaps Chameleon can enlighten me?) The looks can be seen at Autosport 2007 (on the right, obviously) in the GPWizard gallery. My style of posting can be seen at my blog, La Canta Magnifico Blog, as well as in
this thread about mass dampers
, and this  thread about FIA people.

Thanks mate, I have a dragon at home that does that [sets you on the right path] {johnbull - 6 posts from top of page 1}}

Let me guess... it's the lead woman of the house. My mum can be a bit like that too.

JB, Chammy, does this friendly competition mean that dare has to setup a new version of the grid game for your posts and time online?? {{romephius - 7 posts from top of page 1}}

Well... ...if dare would like to contribute the time to setting up the contest, I would be up for it. I think JB and Chammy are by the sound of their posts on page 1...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:55:54 AM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »
What, Alianora, no long post alert?   :o  ;)

The photo is adequate proof of my assertion of your charms, I think (and also shows that you have met that prince among F1 drivers, Takuma Sato); as for your daintiness, I think your posts to date, coupled with the examples included in your post, are excellent examples of your restraint and good manners even when in the company of somewhat rough and ready customers - I picked "daintiness" as a good word to encapsulate this concept.

It is not necessary to set up any version of the grid game for this friendly competition between John and myself.  The Stats are quite sufficient for our purposes, I think.  Also, I hesitate to introduce any form of officialdom into the thing, not because I doubt the ability of you or Dare to run the show efficiently, but because I would prefer things to remain on the level of a slightly illegal, back-street drag race.  In this way we can avoid long discussions over the rules of the contest and can scatter very quickly at the first sound of a police siren.

And this is one more step forward in my quest to overtake John's tally of posts.  Look out, John, I'm on my way!  :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
I've been too busy with work to do much posting today, and i'm out of the office tomorrow morning too, so here's a chance for you to make some headway. >:D

But i'll tell you what. We'd better put our skates on because the pretty, young, dainty, ------------eeerrr what else did you call her, Ali is catching up fast. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:10 PM »
I'm watching her, John.  If she gets too close, we bolt on the turbos!  :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
I'm watching her, John.  If she gets too close, we bolt on the turbos!  :D
At our age I think we'll have to bolt on more than turbos. :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 08:58:23 PM »
Well, in that case I suppose we could always plant a 78 page dossier in her profile and then call for an investigation by the stewards...   8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle