collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 291
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The Stats Race  (Read 17195 times)

Offline Chameleon

The Stats Race
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:21:40 PM »
For those interested in the friendly tussle over posting rates between John Bull and myself, here is the latest state of play:

John is maintaining a hectic pace and I am finding it very difficult to keep him within the +50 posts range.  The race is not over yet, however, as we shall see if we look at the Time on Line figures:

I have managed to extend my lead here to about 4 hours - and there's no cheating, I assure you.  If you leave the page open while you do other things, the timer stops.  Well, yeah, I know that because I tried it - but I wasn't intending to cheat, honest!

Incidentally, a major milestone for the forum approaches - we are very close to half a million page views.  Not bad for one so young - we are the Lewis Hamilton of the F1 forums!

Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

Re: The Stats Race
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:26:47 PM »
Hey Chammy. Don't depress me. This is rediculous. Most of my posting time is time I should have been working.

Hell, I've spent more than 2 days on here. This is daft. :-[ :-[ :-[

Can one hide one's identity in here?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »
Time flies when you're having fun, John.  :D

And is time really ever wasted?  We have so brief a span, 'twould be a pity to spend it all on work...

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 02:35:58 AM »
the old timers of the forum Ian,Neil,Rom,Cos,Stig,and
myself had some good posts even after the 2006
season was over.

The off season posts is what brought us closer
together and we became friends,not just forum
members

Almost forgot,you too Wiz and especially Toby
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:23:11 AM »
Perhaps it is natural that those who join the forum at about the same time should become friends.  John, David, Rainy and myself and others already knew each other from Pit Lane forum days anyway, so it was especially easy for us to explore the place together.  But let us never become exclusive - already I count yourself, Dare, and the others you mention, as friends and no doubt more will join and become a part of the community.

I am especially pleased with the welcome that has been extended to Alianora, who I have known for a while through blogging, as she is truly an asset to any forum.  This is another excellent aspect to the GPWizard forum - the easy way it it accepts new members and makes their settling in period so smooth.  It is no wonder that John and I spend far too much time here when we should be attending to other things!

Pat yourselves on the back, fellers - you have created the best forum on the net.  :)

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:35:06 AM »
thank you Cham for the nice reply,was'nt
trying to separate old and new members,
but letting you know there's life after the 07
seasons ends on our forum :D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 04:45:46 AM »
Glad to hear it, Dare.  As an F1 blogger, the off season is my greatest challenge - it is not easy to fill every day of those empty months with fresh and interesting material, so I know how important it is to maintain interest and commitment through such dry periods.  Coming in here, annoying John and generally making a nuisance of myself will certainly be part of my entertainment in the coming off season!  ;)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 11:45:11 AM »
I would like to thank everyone for making the settling-in process so easy. F1 forums in general seem to lack the airs and graces of a lot of other places, but GPWizard has been especially good at treating newbies like everyone else. Bravo  :good:

As for those of you who are on here when they should be at work or doing something else, perhaps the song "Favorite Waste of Time", would be apt?  :D
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »
One of the nicest things about a community like this is being able to get an F1 "fix" in the off season. Another big thing for folk like Dare and I over on this side of the pond is just being able to disuss the sport with people who have actually heard of it.

In baseball over here, there is a thing called "The Hot Stove League." It refers to sitting around the stove in the winter talking about the game. Pretty much what we do here in the off season.

I'm glad to have such a fine group of people to interact with here. We certainly have become friend, old and new.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »
I can only echo your sentiments there Cos....I must say I believe that I have made some great online friends...just good and proper friends.......plus without you guys I would be an F1 mushroom

Rom

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 05:26:18 PM »
I suppose as one of the oldies - age not time on GP WIZ ::), I should put my 2 cents in here too.

I've said this before and I don't mind being accused of being repetitive. I've been on other fora for years, but this one is head and shoulders above the rest. The main reason I say this is because here at GP Wiz we can talk and discuss, air our views, but we don't get childish and stupid if we disagree with someone elses views.

You listening, you stupid Chammy. >:D >:D >:D

Credit here must go to the members involved, who act like grown up men - and ladies and not kids. We are tolerant of each other's views, unlike some of our politicians.

So yes, this is why I spend so much time on here. I don't like the idea of having spent 2 days sat here at my desk when it would have done me far more good if I were out walking in the fresh air, or something ::).

And of course we're all talking about one of the subjects we all enjoy discussing most. I'm very lucky in the fact that all my family are motor racing fanatics. I stopped racing about 3 or 4 years ago myself, but my brother David, now 58 still races regularly. And of course now my son Josh is into it, and pretty successfully too. My brother in law Alex (also 58) raced for years and is actually building another car as we speak, though whether he will ever get to race it or not, I very much doubt - he enjoys tinkering, as I do. His son Matthew (30) is very quick too, as is our own version of LH young Zak (18) who is Matthew's first cousin, his dad Joseph and his uncle John. Sunday afternoon's are always spent at my sister Joanna's house (married to Alex) and you can all guess what the talking point usually is. Wherever we go hill climbing we take 3 or 4 bungalows in some complex and virtually live together. We virtually take the place over, the garage becoming like a veritable racing stable.

So you see, it's not only here that I talk F1. And even on my rounds of work I always end up arguing F1 with customers.

It's all good, clean fun, and I love it.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
I've said this before and I don't mind being accused of being repetitive. I've been on other fora for years, but this one is head and shoulders above the rest. The main reason I say this is because here at GP Wiz we can talk and discuss, air our views, but we don't get childish and stupid if we disagree with someone elses views.

You listening, you stupid Chammy. >:D >:D >:D

Oh, I'm listening, John, although there's no guarantee I'll take any heed whatosoever.   :P

But I do bow to your courage and fortitude in using the correct plural of "forum" - the fact that no-one these days knows that just sticking an S on the end of a word is not necessarily the way to find an English plural often leads one to give in and go with the flow.  You are right!  It is one forum but many fora!

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 07:11:53 PM »
So now you forgive me for mixing my threads and treads?

You see I'm into treads all day as my job is tyres. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »
That must be very tyring for you, John...   ::)

Offline raindancer

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »
Its good out here and I do feel at home considering my limited knowledge of F1. Wiz and the others have made it very nice transitioning. It would be nice if we can all hook once a week online and chat too.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle