collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 358
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: BBC World to screen F1 business series  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Wizzo

BBC World to screen F1 business series
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:06:39 PM »

Starting in September the BBC’s international television network BBC World is to screen an eight part series titled Formula For Success which looks at Formula One motor racing and its relevance to the global business community.

Made in close partnership with the Grove, UK based WilliamsF1 team the series uses the F1 analogy to highlight the challenges faced by today’s global businesses and demonstrates what they can learn.

The series will show how the likes of Williams F1 and its rivals overcome the challenges of knowledge creation and transfer, working in global teams, managing across boundaries or effective execution of strategy and sustained levels of performance, and how working practices in the sport can help global businesses achieve peak performance.

Narendhra Morar, BBC World’s commissioning editor said, “This series presents a unique insight into business theory principles and practice illustrated through Formula One, specifically the Williams F1 team. Never before has the subject been tackled in a television series in quite this way.”

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

FW14B

Re: BBC World to screen F1 business series
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:19:26 PM »
Well, I'll be watching it especially since it will mainly feature Williams!  This season they've gone out to get quite a bit of exposure.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »
There is just one problem. Since it's on BBC World and not BBC One, Two, Three or Four (yet), Britain won't be able to watch the screening of this series. A pity...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:13:27 PM »
We get BBC World here. So when is it on?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »
It is not even on digital then, or freeview?  Completely annoying then.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »
Nope. Although the BBC World radio service is available on Freeview, its TV equivalent is not. Since the BBC do not believe in subscription services, I doubt any other UK digital carrier has BBC World TV either.

We'll just have to wait while everyone else gets it exported to them first - if it works, I'm sure one of the UK BBC channels will carry the programme.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 10:33:13 PM »
Typical, we pay all that money on tv license for the bloody BBC and we can't even watch it, lets have a revolution.  >:D
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

FW14B

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 10:42:42 PM »
Cheers for the bad news Alianora :D  It is frustrating, maybe somewhere online it will become available.  Otherwise I won't expect it until the new year at earliest.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »
YouTube is a wonderful thing...  :D
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »
I can't find any mention of it on BBC America's site. I'll keep my eyes open and post anything I find out about it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle