collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 454
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Goodwood dates announced  (Read 6139 times)

Offline Wizzo

Goodwood dates announced
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »

The Earl of March last week announced the dates for next year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival. The 16th annual Festival of Speed will take place over the weekend of July 11-13 2008. The theme has yet to be decided for the famous hillclimb, but organisers say that it will be announced later in the year.

The 10th annual Goodwood Revival is due to be held from September 19-21 2008. Next year will also see the 60th anniversary of the Goodwood Motor Circuit, so expect celebrations aplenty next autumn.

These dates are yet to be confirmed by the FIA World Council when it finalises the 2008 F1 calendar at its December meeting, but it is unlikely that the dates will change. Admission is strictly by ticket only, with sales beginning on Thursday November 1. For further information and bookings call the ticket hotline on +44 (0)1243 755055 or click here to visit the http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

CrazyHorse

Re: Goodwood dates announced
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
i've never been so i'll have to make the effort and go next year

GPW, think it was about this time last year u had a post up about getting a box at silverstone to watch the testing and it got cancelled thru lack of interest, well im interested and wouldnt mind going to watch a test cos i dont think i'll be going to any gp's next year (maybe valencia cos me mums got a posh pad there but its at the peak of the holiday season so flights will cost a fortune, have to wait and see)  :P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »

I've got my ear to the ground Crazyhorse - watch this space!  ;)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:02:32 PM »
Think you'll find it was'nt  " lack of interest " crazyhorse, it was the cost, Wiz would have secured the best possible deal he could, but, can't afford means can't afford.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

CrazyHorse

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 12:34:47 AM »
i stand corrected. Out of interest how much was it?

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 05:02:51 AM »
Wiz is a little light after the great GG prizes.Heard
he's breaking out the sunglasses and tin cup :'(
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 06:05:25 AM »
I think we'd all like to attend Goodwood some time. The Earl of March present a great festival every year.

For those of us on this side of the pond, the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance and Motoring Festival will be the first week-end in November this year. Of special interest to us, Historic Sportscar Racing will be running historic races at Roebling Road Raceway in conjuction with the event. This year it will feature historic Formula cars.

http://www.hhiconcours.com/eventexhibits/areahistorics.asp
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

I managed to secure the tickets at a cost of £60 per pair (I had seen these tickets on sale for £110 each!) and they included the following - Exclusive use of a VIP Paddock suite for GPWizard members only. The suite was located on the 2nd floor and over looked the Start/Finish straight and pit entrance. Plus Pit Walkabout Pass and Tea & Coffee provided all day.

I Will be keeping an eye out for similar bargains this year.

Wizzo

CrazyHorse

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »
thanks GPW  :good:

Offline f1box

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 04:22:37 PM »
This year was the first year, since starting as a motorsport memorabilia business, that I did not trade at the Festival of Speed (a clash of dates with some long standing family commitments).

This did however free me up to attend on the Friday as a member of the public!

Total cost of tickets £0.00!

Part of a free giveaway from The Sunday Times, Drive supplement.

So for once I actually managed to see the cars drive up the hill and not just hear them - awesome! - as well as being able to walk around the pits  :yahoo:

Back to the treadmill for next year though- if anyone is going pop in and say hello! - I'll post my stand number etc. when I get booking confirmation early next year.

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

CrazyHorse

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »
 :good:

Offline Slugger

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »
Anyone going this year?

I'm going on the Saturday.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »
Nice to see you back again David.

I haven't organised tickets for the FOS yet but I have been a couple of times before and definitely want to go this year.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:17:43 PM »
Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen are to drive the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 car at this year’s Brooklands Motoring Festival: The Double Twelve over 28/29 June.

The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team drivers will make a number of appearances in the car during the weekend as they take to the handling circuits at Mercedes-Benz World in Weybridge, Surrey and thrill the crowds.

Lewis commented: “The Festival will be a great chance to see Heikki and I perform in a relaxed environment before the British Grand Prix the following weekend. It’s a fantastic warm-up to the race – there really is nothing like the support of your home crowd to get you in the right frame of mind.”

Heikki added: “We are both looking forward to driving at Brooklands, the birthplace of motor-racing. It is the opportunity of a lifetime to follow in the footsteps of many racing legends where so many records were made and broken.”

Sir Stirling Moss will also be in attendance during the Festival and is expected to please the crowds with a driving appearance.

Mercedes-Benz World and Brooklands Museum will jointly organise the two day Festival which will establish ‘The Double Twelve’ as a unique Concours d’Elegance.

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle