collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 488
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Done deal,IRL and Champ Car unite  (Read 3290 times)

Online Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Done deal,IRL and Champ Car unite
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »
This is good news. Neither CART nor IRL have thrived in the post-split environment, so unification is surely the only logical thing to do. Thank goodness for the outbreak of sense. Hope the CART brigade don't lose out too much from this, though.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »
Hopefully they can build it back up to something like CART was.  Although I don't suppose Tony George wants it to be too much like CART.

I would love to know whether he thinks now that it was a good idea to set up the IRL in the first place.  I wonder if knowing what he knows now if he would do it again?

Online Dare

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »
I'm happy they finally united but I wish
they would have used the CC specs.
I alays felt it was by far the better
of the two,bet Cos does too for his
namesake!
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
Gee, Dare, how'd you guess that? ;)  Actually, I'd like to see them get away from the single car / single engine supplier format.

I'm still waiting to see how the schedule shakes out. In any case, it looks like the Cleveland race is done for. So far, I've seen reports of Edmonton, Mexico City, Surfers' Paradise and Twin Ring Motegi mentioned in most sources. Some are also listing Toronto.

I'm hoping to get over to Indy sometime in the next few weeks to nose around and see what's what.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
One more thing:

Notice which drive the IRL site quotes about the merger. I guess they've realized that if you want cheesecake, go to Danica. If you want the real deal, go to Sarah! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 05:20:58 PM »
Gee, Dare, how'd you guess that? ;)  Actually, I'd like to see them get away from the single car / single engine supplier format.

Your right Cos,remember Indy of the 60's?the offy's.the rear
engine invasion started by Black Jack,the turbines,those
were truly the good ol days of Indy racing

Online cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »
Remember back in the late 60's / early 70's when Barney Navarro was building stock block, 199 c.i.d. inline 6 Rambler engines with turbos? He ended up getting about 600 hp out of them. They never won but they were sturdy as all get out.

Of course, my favorite Indy engines were the Cosworth designed Ford DOHC V-8s. :yahoo:
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle