collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 626
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Drive of the Race  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Dare

Drive of the Race
« on: April 27, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »
The good

1  Kimi-made it look easy
2  Button-good unexspected result
3 Fisichella-another good result for a ex Spyker

honor list-Sato in what could be SA's last race

The bad

1 Rueben-poor showing may end his f1 career
2 Glock-another race with a driver error
3 DC-is he becoming a jinx for Red Bull

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Re: Drive of the Race
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »
FERRARI 1-2 - just too good and too easily
MW - solid drive, 5th for RED BULLl
RENAULT improvement

The Bad

Boring race, another b procession
SV - taken out AGAIN
HEIDFELD - unfairly pinged by stupid pit-closure technicality, this will have to be addressed and smartly
silly 'walrus tusk' appendages appearing on cars  :DD
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:44:30 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
I think I have to give Lewis the number one slot for delivering a solid third whilst having the pressure of his bad race last time and a 2nd tier car, maybe even 3rd tier from the Beemers performance.

Kimi deserves second slot for a flawless weekend, it was always his result unless he fouled up, and he was on the money all the time.

Webber is my third choice as he is not always the luckiest of drivers but this weekend he showed us his true potential both in quali and the race.

The sinners have to be, Rubens- yet again committed basic errors. Coulthard, another mature driver who seems to have lost it. Piquet for throwing a potential points finish away.

The sympathy vote to Heidfield, Alonso- good showing in an uncompetetive car, Kovalainan and Vettel- he needed a decent amount of laps to prove he has got it, unfortunate to be collected by some one elses accident.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »
John I agree about Heidfeld,being penalised
for someone else's accident is insane.That
rule needs to be changed
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »
The stupid thing about it is that as soon as the rule was introduced everyone said what the problem would be.  Max seems intent on finding every possible fake way of shuffling positions and he is so deluded that he thinks we will confuse something like this with overtaking manoeuvres.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »
The Good:

Kimi - Good solid steady lights-to-flag win, without fuss, drama or idiocy of any kind.
Heidfeld - Considering the FIA seemed keen to stop him any way possible, I thought he made an excellent job of maintaining his pace. This was very much a race that rewarded pace maintenance.
Fisichella - another very good race (he's starting to become predictably good in that Force India), trying to do the impossible and succeeding for a while.

The Bad:
I would nominate whatever caused Kovalainen to go off at number 1, but I suspect that will turn out to be an inanimate object. As it stands:
Piquet Jr - not only did he cover himself in ignominy and gravel from a certain gravel trap, but he also brought on the item of debris that damaged Davidson's radiator and spoilt what could be one of his last races if Super Aguri don't get proper funding.
Sutil - what was he thinking when he tried to go round two people by cutting the first-corner kerb? It was never going to work.
Bourdais - removed Piquet Jr in another over-ambitious move. At least he only hit one other car in the process, but it won't do him much good, even if Vettel appears to have broken a mirror during winter testing (how else do you explain 4 DNFs?)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:38 PM »
Lots of sense printed here. I want to put Kimi in the 'Bad' category only because he was so good there simply wasn't a race. You really felt that if they had needed to find a few extra tenths both Ferraris could have.
Great result for Jenson. Let's hope Honda can start to compete more often.
My final comments relate to Davidson. I really feel that he is better than many of the mid-field drivers. Of course my comments are pro-British but I really believe he deserves a decent drive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle