collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 557
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Autosport International 2009  (Read 35171 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Autosport International 2009
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2009, 11:54:25 PM »
Dad and I were discussing this, and it was definitely when rather than if.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »
For those who were at the event you will notice that the male half of sidepodcast is refered to as MrC throughout the podcast.  Like the Wiz he likes to be anonymous.  He appears on their video shows as a disembodied voice.  When he had to appear in the online sidepodcast party he wore a panda suit.

Offline Dare

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »
Listened to the sidepodcast telecast amd
enjoyed hearing the members speak.Was
a little surprised Neil didn't have any comments
or sing a song for us
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2009, 12:48:04 AM »
I think that is the usual sidepodcast problem.  They record a load of material and then a lot of good stuff gets cut in the edit to make the show a sensible length.  Most Sunday nights they record their video show with an audince posting comments, helping out when they forget things, hassling them when they make mistakes and phoning in to make comments.  The live shows regularly run over two hours partly due to technical issues but the edit is anything from 30-60 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:44:03 AM by Steven Roy »

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »
I would have had a little singalong dare, unfortunately I couldn't remember how the Canadian National Anthem went. :D

Neil.P

Offline Scott

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
God Save The Queen would have been alright Neil.  We warm up to that one too.   :P

Sorry for all the hullabaloo about me including the real name of 'the guy with the 40ft rear end' from SPC.  I didn't realize he and half the people over there were so sensitive to that sort of thing.  Maybe he's got some skeletons in his closet and is hiding from someone. 

By the way everyone...my name isn't really ScottyD - just Scott   :P :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »
I couldn't remember how the Canadian National Anthem went.

I guess Bernie can't, either.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »
The thing was that I was so used to Mr C's anonymity that I forgot that not everyone else was - or that he'd be using an alias trackside. Silly me...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Scott

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »
Hypocrites anyhow - they (SPC) never asked if they could publish or broadcast our full names (she could have just gone with first names), and now they whine about having someone's first name published, ever so briefly.  Na, I've heard enough about that I think.
 >:D >:D >:D

When my daughter saw the trophy this morning, she thought there was something missing.  So she made a couple of alterations.   Anyone think I have a grid girl in the making?   :crazy: :crazy:

Offline Slugger

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »
Hypocrites anyhow - they (SPC) never asked if they could publish or broadcast our full names (she could have just gone with first names), and now they whine about having someone's first name published, ever so briefly.  Na, I've heard enough about that I think.
 >:D >:D >:D

Good point

When my daughter saw the trophy this morning, she thought there was something missing.  So she made a couple of alterations.   Anyone think I have a grid girl in the making?   :crazy: :crazy:

Lol good mods

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »
When my daughter saw the trophy this morning, she thought there was something missing.  So she made a couple of alterations. {ScottyD - previous comment}

:DD I think you may be right!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Dare

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
I listened to the sidepod telecast and
really enjoyed hearing Scotty,Steven,
Ali,and Stuart interviews.Just wished
Neil would have snuck in there.

I hate ti hurt Mr big's ego but I looked
thru Slug's pictures and I have no
rememberance of his name or picture.
Sorry mr big whoever you are :tease:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2009, 07:34:36 PM »
I don't think "me" will be offended. The reason why he doesn't like having his name all over the internet is to make sure people don't remember his real name or picture...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Scott

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2009, 06:55:06 AM »
Just wished
Neil would have snuck in there.
   On the flip side, Christine never bothered to go over and ask him anything even though he clearly dominated their favourites and finished up just a hair behind me. 

I think if it happens next year, we should really set up teams representing their websites (yes, Steven would have to choose).  Although after they were solidly whipped this year, they may not show up next year. :good: 

Offline Scott

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »
I must also apologize to Neil's friend Stuart (Stewart?) who I suggested had a bit too much 'baggage or balast' onboard.  He is not the least bit overweight, however he is a big boy (2m+ I'd guess) and probably weighed as much as 'Mr Big', 'Mr. C', 'me', or 'Kevin Brown' - whatever his name is (is he secretly your Prime Minister's son - perhaps that's why he's trying to hide his identity?).   :DntKnw:

I was just trying to have a bit of fun.  Sorry Stuart.   :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle