collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 486
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 0-80mph in 2.3 seconds  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Wizzo

0-80mph in 2.3 seconds
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:53:38 AM »
Are you mesmerised by the sight of F1 cars hurtling around the track? Great, you sound like the perfect passenger for Thorpe Park's latest rollercoaster.

Answering to the name of Stealth and costing £12 million to put together, the ride is the fastest launch coaster – which means it doesn’t rely on gravity to get going – in Europe.

After hydraulically catapulting you up to a stomach-wobbling height of 205 feet, the ride drops you vertically back to earth again, hitting 0-80mph in 2.3 seconds in the process, the whole journey takes just 15 seconds.  8)

At 205-feet tall, Stealth is also one of the tallest launch coasters in Europe – it’s so high, part of the planning application included consultation with the Civil Aviation Authority to make sure it wouldn’t get in the way of any passing airliners  :o. Airplanes will be redirected to fly through the middle of the loop......er......yeah right!  ::) Fortunately, it doesn’t get in the way of airplanes – the CAA confirmed it did not need aviation lights because the structure is below 500 feet.

Thrill seekers everywhere will be able to sample Stealth by the time the Easter Hols come around.

F1 Wizard says......."quick enough to make even Michael Schumacher reach for his sick bag."

See you there speed freaks!

;D

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: 0-80mph in 2.3 seconds
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »
 :o do they supply toilet paper too wizard ?   :sick:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 10:49:38 PM »
LOL

I experienced a reverse bungee jump at Silverstone once. A crowd of people gathered to watch, I kept ,my composure on the way up. It was when I stopped going up and gravity took over.....weightlessness.....freefall........aparently I scream like a girl.  :-*

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

RPM

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
:)YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY. WE DONT HAVE THE THE RESOURCES OR ITS JUST NOT VIABLE TO HAVE THAT IN SA BUT IT DOES SOUND INTRESTING AND IF POSSIBLE I'D LIKE YOU TO PUT PICTURES UP ASAP.

HERE IN SA WE SUPPOSED TO BE BUILDING A SUPER TRAIN LINE WHICH YES WE KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE HAD THESE TRAINS FOR AGES NOW BUT I THINK IT MAY BE A FLOP BECAUSE WE HAVE WHAT WE CALL TRAIN SURFERS THAT ARE KILLING THEMSELVES ON A 60KM TRAIN AT PRESENT. COULD YOU IMAGINE A 190KM TO 300KM TRAIN.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »

By Train Surfers I assume you mean people standing on top of the train when it's moving!!  :o I don't think we have that here, do we? I'm all for a thrill but thats crazy  :crazy:

Anyway pictures as requested:

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle