collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 566
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FIA survey results  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Wizzo

FIA survey results
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:35:02 PM »

The FIA has announced the results of its latest survey, conducted in league with AMD. The federation's press statement said that 91,000 fans (about the same last year) took part in the survey and that 66% of these fans thought the reintroduction of tyre changes was an improvement and that 73% of them believed the qualifying structure was an improvement which resulted in 51% of them watching more of it.

The need for technology was once again underlined by 91% of the fans believing that F1 is an important showcase for technology but once again 88% saying that more emphasis must be put on driver skill and 86% saying that improving overtaking remains the most important element of racing.

The survey included a number of new aspects this year, including some fairly blatant market research relating to F1 Racing magazine, a partner in the survey and the publication that runs a Max Mosley column each month.

The survey does reveal that Michael Schumacher is the most popular driver. More interesting given that Michael will soon disappear is the fact that Kimi Raikkonen is the second most popular (albeit with only 17% compared to Schumacher's 28%). Jenson Button was third with 8% and Fernando Alonso next with seven percent. Ferrari was voted the most popular team with 30%, compared to McLaren's 21% with Renault and Williams next with 8% each.

Fans want to see more car telemetry, more on-board camera shots and want to hear more pit to car radio. A shocking 80% want to see more interviews with drivers.  :good:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Monty

Re: FIA survey results
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:45:24 PM »
The FIA survey is a joke. The questions are structured with a pre-determined and very restricted set of probable outcomes. I don't know any fan that supports tyre changes or fuel stops they are just tolerated because without them there would be no change of race position. If the FIA allowed a free choice I'm sure what fans would really vote for is 'racing' with overtaking and no interuptions. How this can be acheived is another matter.
As for Schumacher being popular!!? Good, yes. Popular, never.

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »
I tend to disagree with you monty, tyre changes and pit stops in general are in almost all forms of four wheel racing, not only do they add an unstable element to the races they help display the support teams skill as well as the drivers restart ablilities.  As for the popularity of Schu, even in the small town I live in, of the people that are into formula 1 most of them like him.  But hey it's just a thought.  And the survey is certainly biased, however if there are certain options in that survey that are even mildly appealing to us and the fia take notice, then i think as fans we can say that we have influenced the sport, even if only in the minutest way.

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:42:24 AM »
Everybody has their own opinion and I'm not looking to start a war of words but I'm convinced you are wrong. I used to race (karts, tin tops and very low single seat fomulae). The basis of a race is to prepare your machine for the circuit and conditions then use your driving skill to beat the others. Apart from endurance racing (where in most cases the pit stop has a fixed time to avoid affecting the race) pit stops ruin the race for the driver and the spectators. The only reason they were reintroduced to F1 was because overtaking had become impossible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle