collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 289
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2nd F1 Bloggers and Friends Karting Competition  (Read 25944 times)

Offline Scott

Re: 2nd F1 Bloggers and Friends Karting Competition
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »
No problem - hey everyone - let's meet for dinner somewhere first!  Open to suggestions, but if we go to the same place as last year (Slugger or Neil can help me with the name), we should make a reservation because they only have small tables and it might be hard to get a couple together.

Oh yeah, and if someone wants to drive me to the NEC fairly early on Sunday morning, I'm taking offers (I'm staying at the airport hotel Sunday night, so I need to drag along my luggage, and with that bloody heavy trophy in it, I'm sure it will be a hassle  :tease: ).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:46:11 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Slugger

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 12:26:13 AM »
We'll probably have to book a table for about 5.00 to make sure we leave by 6.50

I'm guessing we need to be at the karting place for about 7.00?

5.00 is rather early for me but I'll have to manage I guess. I'm not sure if the place we met last time will take a booking as it was a bit "pubby" but I'll try and find the name again and check. Otherwise there are plenty of other options.

Offline Slugger

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »
Ok, I'm pretty sure last time we met at The Green Room http://www.greenroomcafebar.co.uk/

Looks good enough anyway even if it's not the one and they take bookings.

If we can agree numbers and a time I'll sort out a reservation.

Offline Scott

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 09:23:19 AM »
Yeah, that's it, and they do take reservations, so we need to sort out how many will make it for 5-ish.

I just booked it for 5pm 8 people...not sure that many will make it at that time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:00:53 PM by Scott »

Offline Slugger

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 06:47:01 PM »
Lol no messing. Well there's two of us plus you so only 5 to find :-)
I bet Neil can make it for 5 ;-)

Offline Scott

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
Neil, Wizzo, Mrs Wiz (?), Ali should be in town by 5:30pm with her Dad, so that makes 8 assuming they want to size up the competition before karting.  Maybe Wiz can even convince Ian to sneak out of the house for the night.  David can book a last minute flight in from Ireland for a little less than a hundred quid round trip with RyanAir  http://www.bookryanair.com , so I could see a real party happening if people just get their priorities straight!  Not sure where John S and Williamsfan are located, but c'mon, England isn't like flying across Canada, is it?  :P :P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
I'll will be bringing up Neil and Deano so that makes another 3 (5 in total). As Scott says ALL are welcome even if you're not racing, dare I say it (gulp!) the first drink is on the Wizzo!  :'(  :D

Seriously if any members can make it then we would love to see you, just let us know you're coming.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:24:57 PM by Wizzo »
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »
You're bringing Neil? Lol how did he swing that one?

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »
Ah you know what he's like, I could put up with the begging but once he started sobbing I cracked and gave in.  :D
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 12:49:39 AM »
Ah you know what he's like, I could put up with the begging but once he started sobbing I cracked and gave in.  :D

Yeah he's good at the old sobbing trick is our Neil.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 01:09:11 AM »
We'll probably have to book a table for about 5.00 to make sure we leave by 6.50

I'm guessing we need to be at the karting place for about 7.00? {Slugger - 9 posts ago}

Slugger, I'm telling everyone to be there for 7:30pm - the safety briefing will be some point between 7:40pm and 8:00pm, but by giving everyone 7:30pm, hopefully people will arrive in the right amount of time to be ready. I'd prefer not to make the event start later than I have to.

Full details are on my wiki and I've also e-mailed all the karters.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 01:13:45 AM »
Neil, Wizzo, Mrs Wiz (?), Ali should be in town by 5:30pm with her Dad, so that makes 8 assuming they want to size up the competition before karting. {Scotty - 6 posts ago}

Sorry, but I'm unlikely to be in the area at that time because I'm reliant on transport from Dad and therefore going to be going straight to the venue for somewhere between 7:00pm and 7:20pm. I don't think I'd be able to persuade him to turn up earlier to go for a meal.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »
I'll will be bringing up Neil and Deano so that makes another 3 (5 in total). As Scott says ALL are welcome even if you're not racing, dare I say it (gulp!) the first drink is on the Wizzo! {Wizzo - 6 posts ago}

Would you like me to e-mail the other karters so that they're aware of what's going on?
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
I may have found someone to join you at the Green Room. One of our fellow karters has asked about food and drink options in the area...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Scott

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »
For me the more, the merrier.  We might have to send them away during the strategy session (kidding). 

Who's coming Ali?  Are some from sidepodcast joining us again?  Steven Roy?  That Andy guy?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle