collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 340
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Photographers... opinions & share.  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Wats-on

Re: Photographers... opinions & share.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 04:59:30 AM »
Romephius,

I would like to comment on your pics, but I am not sure if you wanna read it... I say so, because I am only short of becoming a professional photographer.

First things first: you've got a good eye on it and for amateur pics they are better then average. Far better.

I'll pick some, I see many things same mistake.

Mind your background (IMG_0014, fence; _MG_0263, powerline; _MG_0198, stable; _MG_0184, pole)

To be honoust, the pics are getting better backgroundwise, on page 2 and 3.

Some pics are far too dark, try to lighten them up or add more contrast (_MG_0006; _MG_0205; _MG_0202; _MG_1381; Little flower)

The composition of colours in the little flower and IMG_0014 are nice, but you could enhance them digitally. Brighten up the flowers, make them more sharp in colour so they get caught by the eye.

About IMG_1077, make sure you got more DOF, or Depth of Field. If you want to focus on the waterfall, make sure the leaves in front of your camera are a bit faded. You can do that by setting your diaphragm to a smaller number (preferably 2.7). That give you a better idea of how far away the waterfall is and how close the leaves are. See attachment for what I mean. Take a look at the white flowers in the front to get the idea.

The pic I like best is IMG_0006, closely followed by IMG_0200. Just add a little more colour, digitally. Make them speak for themselves. Don't overdo it, just a little.

You've got a good hand an a good eye, I do like the way you look at things for taking pics, but you wanted a fair answer. Do not be offended, try to learn, as I am still learning.
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline romephius

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »
Thanks mate.  Some great advice there....

However, I am a bit of a purist when it comes to my photo's, I prefer not to do anything to them digitally as I like to show what I saw with my eye.  I definately wish to get better, but, it's also about showing life through my eyes.  I agree some of the shots were terrible for interference, but, I was working with limited time to get the shot.... so I just snapped.... lol.... but I will certainly try your advice and I'll let you know the results.

Jugirl

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45:29 AM »

you could enhance them digitally. Brighten up the flowers, make them more sharp in colour so they get caught by the eye.

Just add a little more colour, digitally. Make them speak for themselves. Don't overdo it, just a little.

So what your saying is......cheat ;)

Ju

Ps no wonder some celebrities look so good  :DD

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »

you could enhance them digitally. Brighten up the flowers, make them more sharp in colour so they get caught by the eye.

Just add a little more colour, digitally. Make them speak for themselves. Don't overdo it, just a little.

So what your saying is......cheat ;)

Ju

Ps no wonder some celebrities look so good  :DD
No, not cheating. With enhancing, I mean just brighten up the colors. I was not talking about photoshopping, just brighten up the colors. A photo is always a bit flatter in color then in real life. But I understand the point of Rom. I guess with a little bit more time, the pics could be far better.
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline romephius

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:44 PM »
I have uploaded some adjusted shots of the F-18's from last week.... have a look now mate.... I think you will like the difference..... I'll admit.... it is better.... Once you've compared I'll pull down the un-adjusted ones.

Offline Ian

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »
They are MUCH sharper Rom, some great photo's there mate.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
Not cheating at all, Ju. That's why many of us had our own darkrooms in the pre-digital days. It allowed us to adjust the brightness, contrast, cropping, etc. Digital manipulation is much the same thing, only much easier (and cheaper!). The creative process doesn't stop when the shutter clicks.  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Jugirl

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
I guess your right Cos, a little bit of tweaking doesn't hurt. Sometimes people alter things too much though.

Two examples are...I saw a picture of Fernando and it looked like he was wearing make up  :o That is just wrong, it ruined my fantasy..i prefer the rough and ready look ;)

Secondly, I also saw a picture of the river and bridge near me once and it had tropical blue coloured water....If anyone has ever been to the river Orwell I am sure they will tell it it is brown and muddy and occasionally frothy. Anything but blue hehe

Ju

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
Color change can be a good thing, too. My daughter's ex was a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I took a picture of Angie in her black and yellow Steelers jacket. I tinted the yellow parts orange and digitally pasted a Cincinnati Bengals logo over the Steelers insignia.

It greatly improved the picture. I blew it up and had it hanging on my living room wall for a few years.  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »
I have uploaded some adjusted shots of the F-18's from last week.... have a look now mate.... I think you will like the difference..... I'll admit.... it is better.... Once you've compared I'll pull down the un-adjusted ones.
Well, I guess my answer has been given already! Looks much better.

I am not of the photoshop. Just enhance the colour. I already stated why. Like it much better.

Offline romephius

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 02:34:34 AM »
I have now added 2 more pics taken using a 20 second exposure with the monochrome pics with an NDX400 filter, the second (colour) pic was almost 3 minutes with the same filter.

I hope you all like them.

Offline romephius

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 07:56:30 AM »
2 more pictures are up now.... both of a wreck on a tiny little beach at sunset.....

Enjoy

Offline romephius

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »
As always I welcome comments either on flickr or here... thanks for checking them out everyone....

Offline romephius

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
I have now added some more pics from today's little trip to Natural Bridge in Springbrook (about 100km south of me).  As always comments and suggestions are welcomed.... you can find them over at www.flickr.com/photos/romephius

Enjoy guys and gals.

Jugirl

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 10:05:52 AM »
I like your pictures Luke  :good:

That looks like a really quiet nice place to visit.

Is that far from where you live?

Ju

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle