collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: $4 Million Lamborghini Veneno  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Wizzo

$4 Million Lamborghini Veneno
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »
The Lamborghini Veneno, was presented to mark its Lambo's 50th anniversary. The company is building three models of the car at 3.98 million usd each,  and they are all sold! Two of the three buyers live in the U.S.

The two-seater Veneno is powered by a massive 6.5 litre 12 cylinder engine developing 750 horsepower linked to a 7-speed manual gear-box with five different driving modes and permanent all-wheel drive.

Lamborghini described the ‘extremely exclusive’ Veneno as ‘a racing prototype and road-going super sports car’ based on the Lamborghini Aventador. This Supercar can accelerate from zero to 62 mph in just 2.8 seconds.

This has to be one of the most 'evil' looking cars ever produced.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

Re: $4 Million Lamborghini Veneno
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Love the Italian flag themed safety covers for the toggle switches on the console.  Wonder what the Red Green and White stand for...ok, green is 'Go' and red is 'Stop', but white?   8)

The style is not my thing though.  I much prefer a car I can run my finger down the length of without hitting a vent or wedge.  :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »
I think if you run your finger down this car Scott it would be sliced off!

Here it is moving around.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
Wow! That car looks downright nasty! I love it!  :yahoo:

I wonder if the nav system respond with "By your command."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
I think if you run your finger down this car Scott it would be sliced off!

That's exactly what I mean.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
Honestly people I think this is one of the way of getting Ferrari, Lamborghini style  ;)

Veneno was shown just the day after Ferrari LaFerrari was revealed, and all the Geneva motor show people were like stop talking about Ferrari and started to talk about this one. Ferrari LaFerrari is suppose to be among the McLaren P1, Porsche 918 hypercars, where a significant portion of the power will be coming from a electric-motor. Honestly that is one evolutionary move from Ferrari, but this Italian built Spanish bull steal all the buzz.

To me it looks more like an armored car than a supercar. Lamborghini has always been a bit brute about their design, but honestly it is really pushing the limit.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
I was at the Geneva Auto Salon, and first of all, I had to stand on a stairway nearby to get a peak at the LaFerrari because there were so many people crooning.  I never even saw this Lambo, and don't even recall seeing their booth.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
I was at the Geneva Auto Salon, and first of all, I had to stand on a stairway nearby to get a peak at the LaFerrari because there were so many people crooning.  I never even saw this Lambo, and don't even recall seeing their booth.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

From Lamborghini's official Website :

"In the year of its 50th anniversary Automobili Lamborghini is presenting an extremely exclusive model at the Geneva Motor Show 2013. Only three unique units of the Lamborghini Veneno will be built and sold. Its design is consistently focused on optimum aerodynamics and cornering stability, giving the Veneno the real dynamic experience of a racing prototype, yet it is fully homologated for the road."

Oh dear Scotty, where were you in the name of Visiting Geneva Auto Show?? ;)

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »
Scott was on the roof yodelling.  :DD  :DD  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »
I was there on the first weekend...maybe they unveiled it afterwards.  Anyhow, like I said, I never even came across the Lambo booth.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw: 

For the record, I only sing 1970's love songs  :P :P

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
You old smoothie Scott.  8)
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 08:59:52 AM »
I was there on the first weekend...maybe they unveiled it afterwards.  Anyhow, like I said, I never even came across the Lambo booth.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw: 

For the record, I only sing 1970's love songs  :P :P

Well that might be the case, it might also be the case that Lamborghini never had a booth, as because in Geneva Veneno was the only thing they showed, so just a ceremony and gone packing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle