collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 186
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16157 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Franchitti and Montoya Nascar team mates  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Franchitti and Montoya Nascar team mates
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~2~id~155308.htm

Chip Ganassi Racing has confirmed that, as expected, it has signed the reigning Indy 500 and IndyCar Series champion Dario Franchitti for the 2008 NASCARSprint Cup Series season.

The 34-year-old was released from his contract with Andretti Green Racing earlier this week, fuelling speculation that a move to NASCAR was imminent, with Chip Ganassi's outfit confirming that he will drive the #40 Dodge alongside Reed Sorenson and Juan Pablo Montoyanext season at the start of a multi-year deal.

"Any time you can sign a driver of Dario's calibre you have to be thrilled," Ganassi said. "Dario is a world-class driver. He is a proven winner, an Indianapolis500 champion and an accomplished individual that will be a super team-mate to both Juan Pablo and Reed."

Online Dare

Re: Franchitti and Montoya Nascar team mates
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 08:57:07 PM »
If all goes as planned Jacques will be their
next yeat too
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »
Kinda reminds me of oh, the Seniors Tour in Golf....
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Dare

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:20:11 PM »
Kinda reminds me of oh, the Seniors Tour in Golf....

While I'm not a big fan of Nascar I think
people underestimate it.

The cars are anything but stock and it's
high speed wheel to wheel racing with
concrete walls in case of a accident.

It's certainly not a Sunday drive,right Cos
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »
While the cars are all basically 1966 Ford Galaxies with 1968 Chevy pick-up rear control arms, they do have some good races, especially on the short tracks. How can you put 43 cars at 800 hp each on a 1/2 mile track and not have fun! Sadly, NASCAR seems to have the same problem as F1. They're dumping all the fine old tracks, like Rockingham, North Wilksboro and even Darlington, for big money, Boring Charlotte Clones like Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, California, Texas.....

NASCAR is becoming F1's retirement home. JPM, JV, Watkins Glen, Montreal, Toyota.....

By the way, Dare, did you hear that Busch is getting out of NASCAR? Starting next year, Nationwide Insurance from up in Columbus will replace them as title sponsor of the Grand National series. (NASCAR's version of GP2)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 03:44:47 PM »
here's a vid of Juan Pablo fitting in Nascar once you get past the ad,best in full screen

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2007/08/13/cup.wat.mdm.a.nascar/frameset.exclude.html?MostPopular
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 03:47:16 PM by dare »

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 03:52:21 PM »
heres Nascar official site.Notice anything different
from F1.com,hint videos

Go to the stores they have merchandise the
average fan can afford.

Same thing in IRL

Take a lesson Bernie and Herr Max

http://www.nascar.com/

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 04:05:43 PM »
You're right about NASCAR and IndyCar. Could you imagine getting 1/24 or 1/18 scale F1 die cast for under $20? I got a great faux leather IndyCar jacket at a Dave & Berry's store for $9.99. NASCAR, IRL, Champ Car, NHRA, all have free video on their website. They're all over YouTube, also. Several American pro sports leagues have set up their own channels on YouTube for a cut of the ad money and gotten great results.

I like the clip of JPM. Now there's a great idea for F1: Ron and Luca in a cage match smackdown!

Back in the old days, Donnie, Cale, LeeRoy, AJ and the boys were men enough to take off their helmets before they mixed it up.

Not that I ever did anything like that back in my short track days........ ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 04:06:57 PM »
No way is Bernie going to show videos for free.  BBC Radio 5 carry live commentary on all the races.  Like most radio stations you can listen to all their programs online.  All except the F1 programs because Bernie won't let them put them on the net.

Should Nascar introduce a facemask rule?

Online Dare

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »

<<<<<<<<< hey Cos >:D :tease:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle