collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 605
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sports announcer bloopers  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Dare

Sports announcer bloopers
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:11:13 AM »
1. Weightlifting commentator at the women’s Olympic Snatch and Jerk Event: “This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up, and it was amazing!”

2. Ted Walsh, horse racing commentator: “This is really a lovely horse, and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.”

3. Grand Prix Race announcer: “The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one front of the similar one in back.”

4. Greg Norman, pro golfer: “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.”

5. Ringside boxing analyst: “Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing — but none of them really that serious.”

6. Baseball announcer: “If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.”

7. Basketball analyst: “He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn’t like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.”

8. At a trophy ceremony, BBC TV boat race 1988: “Ah, isn’t that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew.”

9. Metro Radio, college football: “Julian Dicks is everywhere. It’s like they’ve got eleven Dicks on the field.”

10. U.S. Open TV commentator: “One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. … Oh, my God, what have I just said?”
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:42:08 AM by Dare »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Re: Sports announcer bllopers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »
b brilliant dare but nobody beats murray WALKER for consistently making these howlers and i see the one you quote for F1 is one of his

the guy just lets his mouth run with very loose and erratic conections to his brain
 :fool:
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

Re: Sports announcer bloopers
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
I wish my wife would find such a creative way to wish ME luck. >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 09:32:37 AM »
1. Was she a thief of time?

2. Is its mum on the house mantelpiece?

3. Classic Murray! Though wouldn't "exactly identical to the one front of the similar one in back" make it identical to itself? :D

4. He must be one lucky guy to have three (or more) parents!

5. I never knew clowning around in the ring was so dangerous...

6. Short of exiting the space-time continuum, yes.

7. What can you say? Except "Yuck!"

8. I hope no-one heard that...

9. What is it with awkward surnames?

10. I think he meant the golf balls...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
Julian Dicks actually played for West Ham in the English soccer league not American college football.  I remember hearing that commentary and the Murray one about the identical unique car.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »
Then there's the old basketball standby:

"In scoring today, Wilt Chamberlain was high with 39 pints."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:03:48 PM »
I know nothing about cricket but the most famous cricket blooper involves an English batsman called something Willey and a West Indies bowler called Michael Holding.

The very proper and ancient cricket commentator announced 'the bowler is Holding the batman's Willey' and disappeared into hysterics for the next ten minutes as cricket commentators seem to do at juvenile humour.

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »
Juvenile humour is the best in the world.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle