F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

Andretti Possibly Looking to Buy into F1 Team

(1/1)

cosworth151:
There are reports that Michael Andretti may considering buying into the Sauber/Alfa Romeo F1 team, possibly bringing Alex Palou, Colton Herta, and/or Pato O’Ward with him.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a37938602/possible-michael-andretti-f1-team-ownership-deal/

John S:
Yeah I've read other reports that part ownership announcement is expected at the US GP, although reports vary about share of buy in.

Personally think it's to early to speculate about Herta's chances of a seat as lots of others with the correct super licence points, some with sacks full of cash, are scrambling for the seat.

would make more sense to have Herta as reserve next year and put him in the car as much as possible in FP1 sessions & testing to get extra points towards super licence, or at least show he can cope with it.

Jericoke:
I'm excited at the prospect of the Andretti family being back in F1.

I haven't seen Herta drive, but if Michael thinks he's ready for F1, then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  As for other 'more qualified drivers', I get it.  Herta would definitely be jumping the queue, but F1 has been very much a who you know sport instead of 'what you can do' lately.  But Herta can bring in American race fans, which is still a very large untapped market for F1.

I would like to see F1 add teams though.  There's six seats open that simply don't exist.  Plenty of talented drivers to fill those seats.  Also in a cost cap world, lots of experienced F1 personnel ready to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version