<< < (2/2)

Dare:
I wonder at what point the approaching oil
crisis will effect the 2022 season.

Now Putin in threatening to cut off oil to Europe. Seems
to me like sanctions hurt the citizens as much as the countries
being sanctioned

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on March 08, 2022, 09:30:26 PM ---I wonder at what point the approaching oil
crisis will effect the 2022 season.

Now Putin in threatening to cut off oil to Europe. Seems
to me like sanctions hurt the citizens as much as the countries
being sanctioned

--- End quote ---

That's the idea.  Sanctions aren't a great tool, but when the alternative is blowing people up, it's a much better option.

lkjohnson1950:
There have been some demonstrations in Russia against the invasion which apparently surprised Putin. Don't know if it will affect his actions (I doubt it) but Russians are not 100% behind him as he expected.

Dare:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on March 09, 2022, 05:38:52 PM ---There have been some demonstrations in Russia against the invasion which apparently surprised Putin. Don't know if it will affect his actions (I doubt it) but Russians are not 100% behind him as he expected.

--- End quote ---

I thought I read last week that a law was passed last
week that protesters could receive a 15 year sentence.
So I guess he has been paying attention but life has no
meaning to him

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Dare on March 09, 2022, 10:28:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on March 09, 2022, 05:38:52 PM ---There have been some demonstrations in Russia against the invasion which apparently surprised Putin. Don't know if it will affect his actions (I doubt it) but Russians are not 100% behind him as he expected.

--- End quote ---

I thought I read last week that a law was passed last
week that protesters could receive a 15 year sentence.
So I guess he has been paying attention but life has no
meaning to him

--- End quote ---

It also seems that the Russia general public is not getting the information the rest of the world are hence why captured/surrendered Russian troops are being treated well and being allowed to ring home.
It would be quite nice if it all stopped!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version