F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Surer sees Perez in title race

(1/1)

Dare:
I bet Max will have a big say in this.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio-perez-marc-surer-title-contender/

Jericoke:
I'm not the biggest Checo fan.  I admire his skill, both on track, and off when it comes to organizing sponsorship to fund his racing career.  He's certainly paid his proverbial dues for a 'shot' at the WDC, probably more so than any other driver who hasn't won it since I started watching in 1996.

HOWEVER, it reminds me of every season where Bottas got off to a hot start and Hamilton a cool start, and 'Bottas 2.0' was going to make things difficult for Lewis before eventually Hamilton ran away with the championship while Bottas stumbled.

Perez is in touch with Max because Max has had some bad luck and a single 'off' race where he got a 'mere' third place.

I'd love to see Perez and Max fight it out.  Max really HAS mellowed after winning his WDC.  Maybe he wouldn't fight Perez like he would have even last year.  Of course,the team does still have to worry about Ferrari.  With Sainz stumbling, it's really easy for Ferrari to put all their eggs in the LeClerc basket.  Red Bull might have to pick a driver to back, if Ferrari can get their strategy sorted out and put in some more wins.  I do feel like Perez would back off if it was clear the team needed to pick a winner. 

Oddly enough, if I'm wrong about Perez and he DOES pull ahead of Max, I feel like Max would actually support him.  (Jos is a different story, but I think that Marko would find a way to make sure Jos's pass stops getting him into the paddock)

cosworth151:
I think Max still has enough influence to make sure he stays ahead of Checko. Perez's main job at RBR will be to take points away from Charles & Lewis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version