collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 141
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16139 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12978 Posts
John S John S
11249 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ralf speaks on childish protests  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Dare

Ralf speaks on childish protests
« on: May 08, 2022, 01:53:19 PM »
The were old enough to make our own choices is what
you hear about seatbelt laws here. They save lives

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ralf-schumacher-childish-protests/

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Ralf speaks on childish protests
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 02:35:20 PM »
Funny ain't it Wolff and Hamilton wanted Masi sacked as race director for not following the letter of the rules; and now they complain that his replacements are being over eager to enforce rules - to the letter.  :crazy:

Seb does seem to see his role now as the Rodeo Clown in F1 now. Personally not sure whether to laugh or shake my head.  :DntKnw: This may be his last season.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 02:39:13 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 03:51:31 PM »
I think part of the issue is, like the article states, Hamilton and Vettel ARE 'elder statesmen' in motor racing, and their actions matter.  Why wasn't the FIA working WITH their elder statesmen to make sure the rules make sense, and will be accepted?

Hamilton and Vettel are being treated like dancing monkeys, why would anyone be surprised when they act like it?  The FIA should have involved them, and any of these disagreements could have been figured out behind closed doors.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 08:31:12 PM »
I think part of the issue is, like the article states, Hamilton and Vettel ARE 'elder statesmen' in motor racing, and their actions matter.  Why wasn't the FIA working WITH their elder statesmen to make sure the rules make sense, and will be accepted?

Hamilton and Vettel are being treated like dancing monkeys, why would anyone be surprised when they act like it?  The FIA should have involved them, and any of these disagreements could have been figured out behind closed doors.

Maybe because the FIA doesn't need the elder drivers permission
to make or enforce rules
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 10:19:23 PM »
During the pit walk in the pre-race show, I noticed Leclerc slip off a necklace & hand it to another team member before he zipped up his fire suit.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 10:35:00 PM »
During the pit walk I noticed how rude the music and
sports stars are. The only thing most of them know about
F1 is they have Ferrari's and there's two in the race. Almost
makes me wish they'd stop having F1 races here

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 08:15:15 AM »
At one point early in the race there was a shot of a grandstand where almost every person in the crowd had their phones out filming.  Put down your phones and try to enjoy the race.  A few shots sure, but it looked ridiculous, the cars going past live and everyone was looking at their little screens.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 09:31:47 AM »

Maybe because the FIA doesn't need the elder drivers permission
to make or enforce rules

LH had authorisation from the FIA to wear the jewellery so why they want to go back on that I'm unsure.
I too was not impressed with the disrespectful so called celebs over the whole weekend and if that's how it is to be then it'll put me off F1.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 02:47:45 PM »
I didn't realize that they want drivers to remove their wedding rings & religious symbols. That's crossing the line IMO. I think K-Mag has the right idea:

“They made me take my (wedding) ring off. The wedding ring… if something bad was going to happen I want to wear my wedding ring as it kind of feels bad to take it off. Something like that, your wedding ring, there must be somehow a way to let us take responsibility and take it away from the FIA. (A waiver) will be great.

"The underwear, we can make fireproof ones, manufacturers are making it as before we were never told (of the rules), I understand that. And big chains. But small things like a wedding ring… and if you’re religious, I can understand that too.”

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a39945714/drivers-say-formula-1-jewelry-ban-gets-personal/

As for Seb wearing his underwear on the outside, he's not the first one to do that:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 09:16:36 PM »

As for Seb wearing his underwear on the outside, he's not the first one to do that:

Yeah but Seb now resembles a geriatric Superman, Cos.

He used to be able to fly (round the track), now he spends his time squabbling with the kids down the back of the field.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle