collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 118
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16139 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12978 Posts
John S John S
11249 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Wolff: Andretti yet to demonstrate that F1 entry is deserved  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Jericoke

https://racingnews365.com/wolff-andretti-yet-to-demonstrate-that-f1-entry-is-deserved

Wolff is worried that if Andretti joins F1 it will dilute the share of the F1 pie by 10% for the existing teams.  As such, Andretti must 'grow the pie' by at least that much to make it worthwhile for other teams to let them in.

I agree with Wolff's logic, but in what world does he think the Andretti team won't bring value to F1?  I mean, if it was JUST a name entering the sport (say, "Prost F1") with no experience running top tier championship teams, he'd have a case, but Andretti knows what's going on in F1. 

Conversely, no one is watching F1 because Wolff owns the Mercedes team.  If Andretti REPLACED Mercedes, I'd bet that F1 would be making more money.  In fact, I would posit that Andretti would bring more attention to the sport than any current team except Ferrari, Red Bull and maybe McLaren.

(Don't get me wrong, I think the 2022 line up of F1 teams is literally the most solid group in history.  All the teams are fully committed to the sport, and run like clockwork serious organizations.  Except maybe Aston Martin, although I think Stroll just needs to learn to back off and let the people he's hired do their jobs.  Follows in the footsteps of Mallya and Jordan I suppose)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Wolff: Andretti yet to demonstrate that F1 entry is deserved
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 11:42:14 PM »
If F1 is serious about growing the American fan base, letting Andretti in would be absolutely one of the best moves they could make. Few names in American racing could garner as much media attention as Andretti.
Lonny

Offline Scott

Re: Wolff: Andretti yet to demonstrate that F1 entry is deserved
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 10:17:48 AM »
Wolff is a selfish moron at best.  I completely agree that Andretti would contribute to and generate for, F1 far more than Wolff ever has.  In fact he has spoiled his own brand and the sport itself by managing drivers he actually employs…the greed never stops with him.

But the solution is easy peasy.  Only pay out the top 10 teams.  No pie dilution and more motivation for the last place team to not remain there.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle