collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 481
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: JPM takes a pop at Kimi!  (Read 3205 times)

Offline vanquish89

JPM takes a pop at Kimi!
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:05:59 PM »
 Juan Pablo Montoya accused McLaren team-mate of “being heroic” after the Finn set the fastest lap of the race on the final lap of the Australian Grand Prix.

The Colombian openly criticised Kimi’s approach to the race in Melbourne after the pair ran wheel-to-wheel in the early stages of the race.

Asked about the increase in tension between the teamsters, JPM explained to autosport.com: “Last year I wasn't in a position to fight him so I don't think he felt threatened by me.”

Montoya added that he couldn’t understand how Raikkonen could find half a second on the last lap.

"It was Kimi being heroic on the last lap and putting the fastest lap in, because it was half a second quicker than any other lap he did in the race,” he said.

“So he was either slow or thinking about something else other than driving except on the last lap.

"If you think about it, how do you go half a second quicker on the last lap? What do you gain out of it?

“It is not going to be a circuit record because the circuit record is 1m24s for Michael [Schumacher], so what are you risking? Going off on the last corner? I don't know."

Montoya was also annoyed at the team’s stacking tactics during the second pit stops during a Safety Car period.

The Colombian was forced to wait for several seconds behind Kimi while the team changed the Finn’s nosecone – which JPM claims was the catalyst for the mistake which caused his retirement.

"I was kind of shocked the team did that," he said.

"When you are doing stacked pit stops and you can put both cars on the podium, they decide to change Kimi's nose.

"Yes, he did damage the endplate but the end result was that I ended up going up over a kerb, the car ended up shutting itself off and that cost us points.

“If they wouldn't have done that (changed Raikkonen's nose) then I wouldn't have been behind Ralf (Schumacher) at any point."

JPM is jealous...Kimi's fav for his Mclaren seat! 8) i got him sussed!

vanquish89.... :D

leoblitz

Re: JPM takes a pop at Kimi!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:48:05 PM »
JPM is always complaining about his teams since Williams JPM sayed that the preferences were to Ralf Schumacher and now he complains about Kimi, but Montoya never was able to conquer the world championship and I think that he`s underated since he was in champ car. He frequently do terrible mistakes and he is very unware in his driving style.
I dont think that JPM diserve to stay in a top team and for the next season he will be in a medium team like Red Bull; JPM has the chance to win the championship but he didn`t, I think its  time to give the chance to another young drivers to prove his qualities in a top team, like Nico Rosberg, or Liuzzi. 8)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:30:50 PM »

Perhaps JPM should turn into a mechanic?

During the Friday practice in Malaysia his car stalled at the end of the pit lane, because the McLaren had crossed the white line he was not allowed any assistance from his crew in retrieving the car. Instead they gave him a rear jack and told him to lift the car up and pull it back across the line to a place where they were permitted to touch it.

Montoya performed his task with apparent ease, much to the amusement of mechanics from rival teams.  :DD

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline kimi01

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Maybe Juan should go back to IRL or Champ Car, he is obviously feeling a little inferior at mclaren and its not going to get any better next year if he is still there, having said that, he would probably be the undisputed No. 1 at super aguri!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle