F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Britain 2022 Heroes and Zeroes

(1/4) > >>

Jericoke:
Heroes:

Sainz, first pole, first win.  The race never seemed like his to win, yet when things broke his way, he was ready to take advantage.

Perez, how the heck did that happen?  He was out of the race entirely, we barely hear a peep from him, and suddenly he's second place?  Boys and girls, this is why don't ever give up.

Hamilton, put on a great race.  I think he was in line to win if he'd had slightly better luck (and maybe the mediums instead of softs for the last stint?)

Most of the rest of the grid:  solid racing top to bottom, lots going on, a few knuckle head moves (noted below), finishing this race was an accomplishment to be celebrated I think.

Zeroes:
Max.  For his offtrack attitude, he will remain a perma-zero for me until he redeems himself.

Alpha Tauri.  What's going on there?  The team seems to be in shambles, the drivers aren't understanding each other on track.  Tost did a great job bringing Vettel and Verstappen into championship careers, but honestly, they'd have done that without him.  Ricciardo, Gasly, Sainz, Albon, they're all great drivers that went through Tost too.  It's time for a change.

I'm glad that Zhou and Albon are okay.  Hard to apportion blame on those crashes.  I'm not sure that gravel traps have a place in modern F1, maybe I'm wrong.  There's always going to be 'freak' accidents that no one is going to be able to plan for, so I'm glad the cars have robust safety systems.

lkjohnson1950:
Much as I dislike Max, he did a fine job to bring his
 crippled car home in the points. If he would just
 stop whining. The pit wall was aware he had
 reduced grip and there was nothing they could do
 about it.

Alonso once again hung around and hung around
 and was there at the end for a nice points haul.

Zeroes

Mercedes once again botched Lewis' strategy not
 once but twice. Left him out too long on mediums
 and picked the wrong tire at the end. I hope Merc is
 finally getting it sorted and this wasn't a flash in the
 pan.

The FIA. Allowed some pretty dodgy moves after the
 safety car to go unchallenged. Drivers will take that
 to mean they can continue to put all four wheels off,
 or force a competitor off the track.

Willy:
Yes, I feel the FIA or Stewards were not following their own new rules as not once, but twice cars were pushed off track and nothing was done. It should be dealt with while the race is on not looked at afterwards as an on-track event needs to have
on-track repercussions.
Merc did pooch Lewis race with poor strategy and tire choice.

cosworth151:
Besides what has already been mentioned....

Heroes:

Silverstone - As we were saying in the Chat Room, great tracks lead to great races.

Haas - Double points finish!  :yahoo:

Sainz - A well deserved first win. Almost got the Grand Slam until Lewis pulled F/L at the end.

Hamilton - Looks like the old Lewis is back.

The Track Safety Crews - They did a great job safely extracting Zhou from his car after a horrifying shunt. Having the car standing on it's side stuck between the catch fence and the TechPro barrier probably isn't something they train for. Full marks for Zhou for his good spirits after the incident. Posting a selfie of himself showing that he was OK was a fine move for the fans to see. Anybody want to bet that the catch fence there will be higher next season?

Zeroes:

The Clueless Campaigners: The idiots who ran onto the track on the first lap to protest something. It could well have been a huge disaster if the field wasn't under FCY due to Zhou's shunt. Good on the broadcasters for not showing them or mentioning whatever they were there for.

Monty:

--- Quote --- The Clueless Campaigners: The idiots who ran onto the track on the first lap to protest something. It could well have been a huge disaster if the field wasn't under FCY due to Zhou's shunt. Good on the broadcasters for not showing them or mentioning whatever they were there for.
--- End quote ---
Sometimes I’m embarrassed to be British!! The idiots would have paid around £100 to be there - just to run on to the track. They got zero TV coverage here in the UK. How did that help any cause???? It would have been more helpful if they had donated their entry fees to a good cause!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version