F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Hungary

(1/3) > >>

Monty:
Let me start:
Ferrari - WTF???
Hamilton - could have won if it wasn’t for the Saturday DRS failure
McLaren - strange strategy. They seem to think their only race is with Alpine (and Ricardo had another awful day)
OK Verstappen, in his Red Bull, was clearly the fastest by far. But how lucky is he? Last week, LeClerc had a simple spin on knackered tyres and under immense pressure and he was out of the race; today Verstappen made a rookie mistake and got away with it!

Dare:
WTF pretty much covers Ferrari. Has someone paid them off
        to throw races.?

Are the pit crew mad at Carlos? He lost over 4 seconds on two pit stops

Max must have signed a pact with the Devil. Turns what could have
been a race ending spin into a win.

Was I the only person think everyone was exceeding track limits?

Would have been nice to have had a downpour the last few races

John S:
Heroes:-

Red Bull, obviously for seemingly being the only team on the grid with a proper strategy, right tyres - right time to put others under pressure. Oh, and Max for an unexpected win. Funny how luck works, it's like the Racing Gods are rewarding top performances.

Lando, for getting high up grid in quali and then converting that into best of the rest, lonely race easy to make mistakes - he didn't of course. 

Albon, even though he got clipped at the start and so fell miles behind with stop for new nose he still managed to roll over the line ahead of his teamate. Remember that's without aid of S/C as only virtual one late on.

Zeros:-

Ferrari, yes they cocked up strategy but I reckon they also cocked up the car set up which forced them into the strange strategies. Seems to me their car ate through tyres at a faster rate than most and the big mistake was starting on the mediums. Why do I say this; well they made no serious attempt to put George under pressure in first stint and then clearly didn't have proper pace to outrun RBR or even Merc after 1st stops. I think Charles going to Hards was hobsons choice, stopping when he did to cover off others, he'd already used up two sets of mediums another set, if available, would mean he'd have to stop again anyway. Carlos suffered in a different way by them trying to cover off Max earlier than expected in 1st stops. - Should've started on softs guys!  :P

McLaren, why the hell did they put Danny Ric onto hard tyres, again it was obvious from Alpine it was wrong direction. Danny Ric probably could just have made the points without that. Yes I know Lando was on Hards for last stint but he didn't have plenty of cars near at hand on faster rubber. Danny Ric had used softs, then mediums in 2nd stint so there was a free choice, unlike Ferrari.

Alfa & Alpha, come on guys get you act together. Now was Bottas DNF another Ferrari powertrain issue???   

Willy:
I am trying to figure out which team is paying off the Ferarri strategists.  They started the season with bad decisions on Leclerc's car and have kept up a steady stream of them since. Not just Charles but Carlos as well. Time for Sideshow Mario to dance off into the sunset, methinks.
Red Bull gets it right again and Max pulls it out.
Merc had a great day, but maybe not George as he did not get the top or second step as he wanted.

cosworth151:
Two other zeroes:

The stewards - Torpedoed K-Mag with a totally unnecessary black & orange flag. The endplate had already stayed on for 6 laps after the hit.

Haas strategy - Just because some people think the updated car looks like a Ferrari doesn't mean you have to use Ferrari tire strategy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version