collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Is LH going to be on the grid at the season start?

Yup definitely.
No he's gonna walk.
I really don't know?
I really don't care!

Author Topic: Will he stay or will he go?  (Read 2203 times)

Online Andy B

Will he stay or will he go?
« on: January 12, 2022, 09:09:46 PM »
With the closed season being well closed the main talking point is will LH be on his bike?
I think we'll see him back but no announcement till after the FIA come up with an excuse for the Abu Dhabi fiasco.
What do you think?
Vote now.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Will he stay or will he go?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 10:23:37 PM »
Lonny

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:43:18 AM »
If LH and Max would both leave we'd have a
better season for the fans.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 01:12:48 PM »
This isn't the first time that Lewis has taken some time to decide.  We know from Nico Rosberg that Lewis puts everything he has into a season, which is exhausting at the best of times, but if Hamilton was still suffering from long Covid, having his closest fight in years, and then losing in a very disappointing way, it's a lot.  Of course he needs time to decide. 

Luckily I feel like even Lewis knows that he needs time to refind his love of racing over the winter break.

I'm sure that Toto is one under the most stress; he needs to have a solid plan B in place that doesn't leak to the public.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 03:52:52 PM »
Well if he's blackmailing the FIA to get Masi & Tombazis sacked, which is what everyone is implying in the media right now, then the sooner the new President of FIA confrms they're staying - to thwart any cheap hood tactics by Merc & Lewis - the better I say.  >:(

If Lewis then chooses to walk away we'll all know him for a whinger who chooses to run home with his ball when the boys in the park decide it was harsh, but no foul.

Be nice if he's on the grid this season, but make no mistake F1 will keep rollin on without him.

Think you can guess which way I voted.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:56:07 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Dare

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 05:12:49 PM »
I think he'll be back because his ego insists on it. For the poll I really don't care. People used to get tired of the Yankees winning all the time
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 07:50:09 PM »
Well if he's blackmailing the FIA to get Masi & Tombazis sacked, which is what everyone is implying in the media right now, then the sooner the new President of FIA confrms they're staying - to thwart any cheap hood tactics by Merc & Lewis - the better I say.  >:(

If Lewis then chooses to walk away we'll all know him for a whinger who chooses to run home with his ball when the boys in the park decide it was harsh, but no foul.

Be nice if he's on the grid this season, but make no mistake F1 will keep rollin on without him.

Think you can guess which way I voted.  ;)

I'm not sure that Lewis's ultimate decision is tied to the fate of Masi/FIA... although if you were to have asked him last month, I'm sure he felt that way.  He's got time to cool off and reflect. 

The FIA SHOULD consider the opinions of their star drivers, however.  Honestly, they should consider the opinions of all drivers, but like most sports, it's driven by stars, and you want your stars happy (within reason).  If Lewis thinks the sport is unfair, it would be wrong of the FIA to dismiss his concern out of hand.  Even if the FIA is 100% right, they should still take the time to explain to Hamilton exactly what happened, and why they would do it again.  THEN Lewis can be on board/quit as he sees fit.

I do know that the FIA has reached out to Lewis, and they say they haven't heard back.  So it sounds like there is no ultimatum (from Hamilton directly anyway).  All the same, as important as I feel it is for the FIA to listen to Hamilton... Hamilton has to make the effort here too.

it is 100% true that the sport will continue without Hamilton, but if the pipeline of future stars see that the sport can be 'rigged' (I'm avoiding taking a stance for the purposes of this reply), they may find other series that could be buoyed by having the best drivers.

Online Andy B

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 10:41:07 PM »
I agree more with Jeri than John S as I think LH wants a definition of the rules rather that Masi to be removed as he would not want to be in that scenario again.
It is true that with or without him F1 will continue but it would look bad on the FIA if his career was to end in such a way.
Only time will tell.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle