collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 133
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 981
  • stats Total Posts: 141490
  • stats Total Topics: 22308
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 20
  • stats Most Online: 846

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16139 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12978 Posts
John S John S
11249 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts
F1 Forum with chat about the latest Formula 1 news from around the World.

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

Click Here to view as a guest with limited access

Formula 1 Forum
Features Free Member Account
Read Posts
Write Posts
Search Posts
Live F1 Race Chat
Play Grid Game (F1 predictions game)
Use Shout Box
Enter Competitions
Send Private Messages
Special Members Areas
Calendar with Upcoming Events
John S
March 16, 2024, 11:29:48 AM by John S
Views: 7652 | Comments: 1

Williams FW08D never got the chance to race as FIA got wind of it's progress and banned it.

Wow, overcoming a 160hp turbo advantage with 6 wheeler must have shocked the big manufacturers rigid, especially with the rear wing missing.  :D

In article from 2018, linked below, look out for some famous names on the project at start of their F1 careers.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/six-wheeled-formula-one-williams/3196737/
John S
March 13, 2024, 02:23:19 PM by John S
Views: 12267 | Comments: 1

Murray passed away 13 March 2021 at the age of 97. Here is a splendid tribute to him from PlanetF1, including lots of 'Muddy Talkers' legendary gaffes - aka "Murrayisms".   :D :DD

https://www.planetf1.com/features/murray-walker-best-f1-quotes
Jericoke
March 11, 2024, 07:03:40 PM by Jericoke
Views: 20646 | Comments: 1

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/264375/horner-may-be-fired-from-red-bull-racing-after-all.html

I don't know if this rumour even belongs in any of the F1 related forums or if this is just pure conjecture.

Anyway, allegedly the woman at the heart of whatever Christian Horner has been accused (and cleared by Red Bull's internal investigation) is a couple degrees removed from The Edge from US, and they're writing a song about the whole thing with the intention of embarrassing Horner/Red Bull.

I have no idea how much of this is true, but it's becoming so very bizarre that it's going to be affecting F1 very heavily until everything can get sorted out.

I do want justice done as much as anyone.  I have no idea of Horner is a monster, or there's an RBR employee who needs help, or there's someone with an agenda feeding false information into the world.  Or some combination of the three.

As long as F1 remains uncompetitive at the top, this will be the most interesting thing going on.
Jericoke
March 09, 2024, 07:04:35 PM by Jericoke
Views: 24925 | Comments: 1

Heroes

Oliver Bearman.  Absolutely brilliant story.  18 year old F2 racer, filling in for Carlos Sainz having an appendectomy, gets a single practise session in an F1 car, comes a hair shy of reaching Q3, manages to finish 7th place in his first ever F1 race.  Certainly raised to the occasion.

Max/Perez/RBR.  First and second without any (on track) drama.

LeClerc.  Third place is as good as you can do in 2022 2023 2024 without an RBR

Haas.  In a season where everyone expected some dead last finishes, they put in a solid race to get Hulkenberg into 10th place.  I didn't particularly enjoy K-Mag holding up all the midfield drivers, but it's a valid strategy executed to perfection.  It is nice to see that Haas is capable of engaging in strategy when we've seen 'top' teams struggle with it in the past few years.

Alonso.  Like LeClerc, there's only so much a racer can do without an RBR, so good job.

Albon.  He's a great racer, doesn't feel like a cookie cutter like the other drivers, but just can't seem to catch a break (aside from a broken front wing...)

Zeroes.
K-Mag.  We've all seen great drivers hold up opponents to help their teammates.  I suppose this is worthy of praise, but still, need to keep the car on track and not hit other drivers.  I hope his race doesn't open up a can of worms with midfield teams holding each other up.

Alpine.  I know I expected Haas to be the perpetual bottom dwellers, but looks like that's Alpine.

Stake.  What is going on with their pit stop problems?  I'm pretty sure the tire guns are standard amongst all teams, so can't really blame the equipment.

RB.  This was supposed to be the season to determine if Tsunoda or Ricciardo was going to force Perez out at Red Bull.  I don't think either of them look like they belong at the front of the grid.

Other thoughts:
The Christian Horner/Helmut Marko/Jos Verstappen drama at Red Bull is both entertaining and exhausting.  If they don't sort things out soon, it very much might cause the team to implode, as Jos has instigated predicted.  If Ford uses this an excuse to pull out of F1, and FOM continues to keep Andretti on the sidelines, what are Americans supposed to feel about this being a serious sport and not just another C-List sideshow?
Dare
March 08, 2024, 11:04:07 PM by Dare
Views: 27286 | Comments: 3

At least for now he knows he helped make him a multi
millionaire and shows some loyalty

Max was asked if he will stay with RedBull until end of his contract:
“Of course, that has always been the intention of the signing. That's why we signed for so long to be here. And, of course, it's about the performance of the car. And, of course, from 2026, anyway, that's a question mark with the new regulations, but I knew that when I signed my contract."
"But I also know what they've done for me in my career, right? So, of course, the intention is absolutely to stay with this team because I really enjoy it and I'm also very happy within the team. And in the meantime, there's no reason to leave."
John S
March 08, 2024, 02:53:18 PM by John S
Views: 32515 | Comments: 4

Is some of this sheer cacophony the missing ingredient in current F1?  :D   

WARNING LOUD NOISE!  :yahoo:

Dare
March 08, 2024, 01:23:23 PM by Dare
Views: 28217 | Comments: 2

Has been added to GG
John S
March 05, 2024, 12:39:53 PM by John S
Views: 18528 | Comments: 1

Well Joe Saward, an accredited F1 journalist, seems to think so and has set out a very plausible scenario to add extra spice to the already complicated situation around Red Bull Racing/The Verstappens/Red Bull GmbH & the world media.

Below are paras pulled from his latest blog 'Green notebook from a dirty weekend' illustrating how he sees a different power struggle, to the normally referenced one, inside Red Bull.

Best explanation I've seen for all this in-fighting that appears to be taking place.

"The explanation that best fits the facts is that while there is a human drama on one level, the  “relationship” is being used as a weapon in a fight for control of the racing team.

There have been rumours for a while that Red Bull’s primary shareholder Chalerm Yoovidhya, who controls 51 percent of the shares, is considering taking the Red Bull Technology Group Ltd out of Red Bull GmbH empire and setting it up as an independent car company, with Horner in charge and a shareholder in the business. This makes a great deal of sense because a drinks firm does not really have much use for an engine company and a supercar production division. If Yoovidhya has 51 percent of the shares, he can do as he pleases. Removing Horner would leave the technology division under the control of Red Bull GmbH. Whatever the case, Horner wants to be left alone to run the group he has created, without outside interference. When Dietrich Mateschitz was alive he had that freedom.

In the end, the dossier failed to remove Horner, just as the Red Bull investigation had failed to find any wrongdoing. Next came some very odd remarks from Jos Verstappen that Horner must go. It looked like another attempt to oust Horner, more desperate (and less subtle) than the previous ones. If Jos was willing by his words to risk his son’s relationship with the team, there must be good reason to do it, but I cannot see the logic in it. Jos Verstappen is many things, but he isn’t naive. Is it really in the best interest of the Verstappens to move Max out of the most successful team? And why would any other team take on a driver, no matter how good he is, who would bring this kind of baggage with him? It made no sense, unless it was something personal.

In the end this will play itself out. Horner has been damaged, but he is still there and the more attempts there are to remove him, the more it will look like a deliberate and targeted campaign to take him out. One can only speculate about who is involved and why, but as long as Yoovidhya stands by Horner, Christian will survive. I suspect that we will soon see other changes in the Red Bull empire as the pendulum swings the other way.  If Max does leave Red Bull, the team will take another hit, but if the goal is to take the Red Bull Technology division out of the Red Bull empire, it will be no more than collateral damage. If the top seat at Red Bull becomes available, there will be no shortage of candidates."

Selected paras Courtesy Joe Saward 'Green notebook from a dirty weekend', Joesaward.wordpress.com, Today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle