collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Monza Pics  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Scott

Monza Pics
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »
A couple of shots of the 2nd Variante when we were walking around during second practice on Friday.  Third shot is of the trail to the train station after the race on Sunday.  The last two are just a couple of shots as we walked around the track on race morning.  Notice the people staking out their territory for the race.  Lots of step Ladders.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:48:40 PM by Scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

Re: Monza Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »
The first three are of the famous old banking.  4th is Bernie's Bus at the end of the paddock which us commoners could just spot through the fence as we walk under the track.  Last shot is after Q finished some of the Big Shots driving their Bentley's out of the paddock parking lot.

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:01 PM »
Wish it was the 9th again Scott.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:27 PM »
First shot is a Red Bull screaming out of the tunnel under the old banking.  Second is Ian and Brook (a guy we met at a bus stop the day before, and he just happened to get onto our train car on race day - he also stayed at my hotel on Monday night after the race on his way to France.).  Then the driver parade.  A couple of Ferrari fans that I think were sitting across the track from me.  Finally, the Ferrari parking lot by the paddock.  Probably for Luca and the boys, but maybe for Ferrari owners as well.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »
A Force India coming out of the Parabolica.  Hulk in the same place.  One of the FIA Vice Presidents standing in front of his motorhome.  Third shot is Ian making a suggestion on how we are going to get back to Milan from the track.  Me in my new Webber gear.

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
Good pics Scott.  :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
These are some track shots of various cars.  I have hundreds of these, but like I told Ian, you can only look at so many of them.  I tried to choose the most in focus ones I had - but keep in mind I'm using a 5year old Canon pocket digital camera.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
More track shots...2nd shot should be Rosberg, not Schumi
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:54:56 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
First shot is Mclaren's motorhome roof  (thanks to the fact that they now build them 3 stories high you can actually see the tops of a few of them from outside the paddock).  Then Mercedes roof.   The medical helicopter was parked ready to go directly across from my seat.  The Monza podium.  The Paddock Club, where, like First Class on the plane, hardly anybody actually pays for themselves, and they generally take the opportunity for granted.  I met a media relations girl from Bridgestone on the train home and she said she saw a woman (during the race) with her back to the track, knitting while in the paddock club.  How many of us would kill for her seat? 

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »
For Wiz...Pit Babes.  They weren't the only ones I saw, but the only ones I could fumble my camera out of my backpack in time to take a shot of.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
A row of Sauber truck cabs...just looked cool parked in the middle of the park.  Second is security getting ready to defend the pit lane from the Tifosi.  It was about 2 laps before the end.  Third is waiting in line for the train to Milan after the race.  My last experience doing this ended up taking me hours, and this time I didn't have hours, so I bolted as soon as Nando crossed the finish line, and it only took me an hour to get to Milan from my seat, so I ended up having to kill 2 hours in Milan before my train home.  4th is a huge Vettel fan.  Finally a view from my seat.

Offline aazz

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 09:33:39 PM »
Fantastic photos and descriptions. I am very jealous :D
I can't think of anything to write here.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »
Well done, Scott! Fantastic pictures!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
Better and better Scott, I still owe you though.  :DD

David

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 01:14:32 PM »
Nice Pics Scott.  :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle