collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 596
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Photographers... opinions & share.  (Read 7864 times)

Offline romephius

Photographers... opinions & share.
« on: October 14, 2011, 02:27:25 PM »
G'day all,

I'm hunting down opinions and advice from some of our more learned, budding or even pro photographers.... head on over to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/romephius/  and check out what I have there.... please feel free to comment with any advice or even just what your thoughts are. 

And if you'd like to know exactly what equipment I'm using, you can message me here to get a full listing of what I have.

Thank you in advance for any advice.... and for those who just want to look, feel free.

Rom

P.S. Not too far off having the internet on again at home..... properly.... only too almost a year...  :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:18:23 PM by romephius »

Offline Ian

Re: Looking for opinions!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »
Good ones Rom, one question though, in....Reflections of a car....Where's the car ?
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
The photo is actually the reflection of sunset through a tree off the bonnet of my work car.  so the whole photo is actually a car.... :P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
Good stuff, Rom! The fireworks and night skylines came out very well, and I know how difficult that can be. It's so easy to wash the colors out,

I know it's the standard refrain, but shoot as much as you can. Experiment with different exposures, filters, etc. It's the best way to learn. (and much, much cheaper than it was in the film era.)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »
Doh, just looked again, hehe, can see the shape of it now.  :good:

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
Top notch Rom,I like the fireworks shot and the horse most of all
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
Thanks everyone.... I've now added 3 more shots.... all from saturday afternoons storm....

Offline lobee

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »
Some really nice photos! I love the ones of the moon, and the 3rd with the clouds and tree has really great composition.
"Some say that if you look deeply into his helmet, you'll see the tormented souls of all the caravans he has eaten."

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »
Lauren, Rom is our very own David Bailey. Joking aside, they are great photo's.

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
Rom's the talented one here.Ian and me come with the place.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »
Some nice pictures there Rom. My personal favourite is the Dam, don't ask me why  :DntKnw:
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »
Thank you everyone.... oh and Lauren... don't believe Dare.... Cos is the very talented photographer here.... he has some amazing shots taken when F1 was still racing in Indy..... I'm just a rank amatuer trying to get better....

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Thank you for that, Rom. I think the only difference between us is that I picked up my first 35mm SLR in 1970. I had a Polaroid 104 before that, and a box Brownie before that. You're a very good photographer, my friend, and you'll only get better with time and practice.  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
You are far too kind Cos my friend.  But I will certainly keep practicing and saving for better equipment.

I've added another couple of shots, both of them were a case of me being in the right place at the right time.

Offline Ian

Re: Photographers... opinions & share.
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
Love the two you just added Rom, coming to Aussie to live in Vanuatu.  :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle