collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 267
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: England v Italy  (Read 8038 times)

David

England v Italy
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »
This ones really for Ian. I'm heading to see your team hopefully slaughter Italy today in the 6 nations rugby match in Rome's Olympic Stadium. Even got to say hello to the team in the airport on Thursday evening as they were on the same flight as folk we met on the way to a conference. I'll be cheering double for England for us both mate, and I'll take a few photos and post them later.

We plan to go to an Irish bar we found in Rome centre afterwards. So we can cheer Ireland on to victory later too.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Ian

Re: England v Italy
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »
I'm well jealous Dave, have a great time, and I'll be cheering on the Paddies later.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
Hope it's warmer in Rome than here Dave.  :good:

David

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
Here it's not looking good Ian. It has been snowing heavily for the last 3 hours and our hosts don't reckon the coach will be able to get up the hill to hotel!!

I come to Rome and they get snow, and heavy snow at that for the first time in 25 years.  :(

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
That is certainly NOT what I call the luck of the Irish Dave.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 02:18:21 PM »
Better go straight to that Irish Pub.  A few hours there and you won't even realize it's snowing.

Are you there with the family David?  Rome's pretty nice, but covered in white makes the touristy bits a bit rough.  I saw a picture on the internet of a snowboarder going down right beside the colosseum.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
Unbelievable, we go from 0-6 up to 12-6 down in a few minutes. I bet the Scots are laughing their heads off.

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
Woohoo, even better, we go from 12-6 down to win 15-19, come on England,2 from 2

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
What a bummer, France v Ireland rugby called off because of frozen pitch, and I was waiting to cheer Ireland on.  >:D

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »
What a bummer, France v Ireland rugby called off because of frozen pitch, and I was waiting to cheer Ireland on.  >:D

What's David have on you Ian?Your being awful nice :tease:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:45:16 PM »
Ah see Dare, thats where you don't understand us, although David's Irish, he'll cheer on the England team and I'd cheer on the Irish team, but, the Scot's would cheer on the opposition that England play(no slur intended on stealth).We're a funny lot us Brit's.

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »
Ah see Dare, thats where you don't understand us, although David's Irish, he'll cheer on the England team and I'd cheer on the Irish team, but, the Scot's would cheer on the opposition that England play(no slur intended on stealth).We're a funny lot us Brit's.

It must be something big.

We have a in state rivalry here with the University of Kentucky and we
have a saying,were for Louisville and anyone that plays Kentucky
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »

Don't talk about me, I don't even LIKE soccer.  And just what the heck do you have against Scott's anyhow, Ian?  Boy, talk about stereotyping.  Spelling of your name means people are always pigeon-holing you.  Jeeeez!!   >:(   ;)

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »
SOCCER, SOCCER ! Perlease Scott, we are talking about rugby union, not flaming football, as for the spelling of my name, the Scottish spelling of my name is IAIN, jeez yourself.  :P

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
Rugby?  Isn't that the prehistoric version of Amercian football?   :P :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle