collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 493
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Danica Snubbed at Opening of Daytona 500?  (Read 7575 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Danica Snubbed at Opening of Daytona 500?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
That was pretty much my point. The degradation and objectification of girls and young women is even worse than that. Maybe that is "just the way things are," but don't expect me to pretend that it isn't an unspeakable evil.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
It's a sad and different world than what you and the older
people here and me were brought up in.What 12 year olds
know now we had never heard of.Back when we were
kids divorced parents were a rarity and relationships now
are broken up at the slightest whim.

I'm just glad I'm not a kid having to be raised up in
this world.It's hard enough  living in it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »
It's a sad and different world than what you and the older
people here and me were brought up in.What 12 year olds
know now we had never heard of.Back when we were
kids divorced parents were a rarity and relationships now
are broken up at the slightest whim.

I'm just glad I'm not a kid having to be raised up in
this world.It's hard enough  living in it

The kids will be fine, despite the adults.

They always are.

We aren't going to have a generation of half naked women drivers any more than we have a generation of bootleggers driving for NASCAR.  The groundwork might be ugly, but once it's done, everyone moves on.

Some other 'abomination' will come along, and racing will either survive it, or vanish, depending on who's in charge at the time.

Offline Ian

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 03:21:27 PM »
Totally agree with you're last sentence Jeri.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 03:26:02 AM »
First, interdiction is really not very successful. The best proof of that is that street prices are relatively stable.  A friend of mine was #2 in the Border Patrol in the Tucson sector some years ago and he said he reckoned they found and stopped only about 10% of what came over the border. In the years since they have undoubtedly improved, but I bet it's still under 25%. Second we are just beginning to understand what addiction is and how it works. It is not the same for everyone. If we spent on honest drug education and treatment even half of what we spend on enforcement we would probably save more people. Legalizing it, sending addicts to a Doctor rather than a pusher, would eliminate the cartels and all the crime and violence they cause. And if the big drug companies sold coke, weed etc, they might be able to reduce the cost of the drugs the rest of us take to please our Doctors.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 12:18:02 PM »

They always are.

I have a 13 year old grand daughter who has to live with the consequences of this kind of thing every day. I can't afford to be quite so flip about it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

They always are.

I have a 13 year old grand daughter who has to live with the consequences of this kind of thing every day. I can't afford to be quite so flip about it.

I'm not being flip about it.

I see far too many mountains being made out of molehills.  Kids aren't allowed to make mistakes any more.  You think Danica is wrong?  Tell your granddaughter that.  Have a discussion about why it's wrong. 

At the end of the day, whatever she sees on TV pales to what she sees, or hears, from the people she knows best.

So, even though the world is filled with adults who act like anything but adults (especially the sports world!), as long as the important adults make the effort, the kids will be fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle