collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 626
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Richard Petty on Dancia  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Richard Petty on Dancia
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 07:49:13 PM »

He's entitled to his opinion, but I'd sure like to see him have to eat his words - Go Girl.  ;)

There are plenty of 'also rans' in all levels of motorsport Petty picking on Danica seems- well petty.  :P 

Why even bother addressing the question in the way he has, smacks a little bit of jealousy for the sponsorship advantages Danica gets.  ::)
Good job Petty doesn't drive in F1, he'd get hospitalized to treat his multiple paranoias over the number of preferential sponsor arranged drives.  :D 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
I have to agree with The King. she gets the star treatment not because of her driving skills, but because of her nudie pictures. She always willing to through her team under the bus when it all goes wrong. Put her, Sarah Fisher, Simona De Silvestro and Liz Halliday in identical cars on the same track. We all know who would finish last (and that it would all be the crew's fault!)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »
I don't think Petty singled Danica out,he just
responded to a question.I'd like a similar question
about his son Kyle,seemed he used the Petty name
to be a also run in NASCAR
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
Kyle had 8 poles, 8 wins and 173 top ten finishes in Cup races. He also is the founder of the Victory Junction Gang Camp for terminally ill children.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:32:15 PM »
Kyle had 8 poles, 8 wins and 173 top ten finishes in Cup races. He also is the founder of the Victory Junction Gang Camp for terminally ill children.

Going on what Kyle said Cos,he said he didn't put his best
in  effort the last few years in NASCAR.Sometimes staying
sharp is as hard as getting to the top

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »
Does Yeley get huge amounts of press? Does he get any coverage at all? Quite possibly, most of the people here have never heard of him. That's the issue.
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 09:46:50 PM »
If Yeley were the first man in the Miss America pageant he would get the same kind of press coverage. A bit ridiculous, but I think you see the point. This will probably be her make or break year to show some results. What ever happens, she has made history and possibly opened some doors for other women who want to race.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
What history has she made? She's far from the first woman in the cup. See the attached picture of Janet Guthrie at the Daytona 500 37 years ago. As far as opening doors, she's actually stood in the way of far more qualified women racer. She's made it almost mandatory that women racer pose for nudie picture to get press.
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
Petty comments, perhaps.  He was asked about his opinion of her and he spoke it.  Agree, or disagree, it is his opinion and one to which he is most certainly entitled.

I do disagree with at least part of his comment - that she will never win a race unless she is the only one in the race, loosely quoting him.  She has showed us that she can be fast.  How many drivers in NASCAR have NEVER taken Pole, let alone at Daytona?  I don't know the answer, but it does say that she deserves some respect.

I suppose if I was truly interested in looking it up, I could find the answers, but how many drivers in their rookie season actually finished better than she did in that first season?

Frankly, I like her and find myself cheering for her, in spite of things about her I dislike, such as when she blames the team for a poor run.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 05:05:11 AM »
What history has she made? She's far from the first woman in the cup. See the attached picture of Janet Guthrie at the Daytona 500 37 years ago. As far as opening doors, she's actually stood in the way of far more qualified women racer. She's made it almost mandatory that women racer pose for nudie picture to get press.

Cos, sometimes I think you're just trying to bait me. She is the first woman to lead the Indy 500; she is the first woman to win an Indycar race; she is the highest finishing woman in the history of the Indy 500; and she is the only woman to take a cup pole. That's history. The only woman racing in her era that had visibly more talent was Sarah, and I always thought it was a tragedy she never had a first rate car for a full season. Stupid team owners, stupid sponsors.
Lonny

Offline Dare

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle