collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 388
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: WTCC to the Nordscheife  (Read 2180 times)

Offline PG_Gabriel

WTCC to the Nordscheife
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »
Oh my god oh my god oh my god! This will be fantastic.

Offline Ian

Re: WTCC to the Nordscheife
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
 :yahoo:  :yahoo: That WILL be worth watching  :yahoo:  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:01:51 AM »
Yum yum baby, just yum yum  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »

Nice idea just like the London F1 GP, won't happen though.  :nono:

Look at the immense logistical nightmare of marshalling such a huge track to keep it safe. I reckon you'd need about 4 safety & medical cars placed at various points and keeping control of what's happening where ....and then responding could be a very big task. 

For some much less well known endurance events it might just work, but with an Internationally broadcast series like the WTCC the organisers have to be seen to be responding to shunts and incidents in a reasonable time. The sheer size and physical topography of the Nordschleife makes that very difficult.

I think this is just a bit of fluffy PR to get more attention on the WTCC, but we'll see.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:47:34 PM »
A short WTCC race would seem to be much easier to stage than the annual ADAC 24 Hour race there. It ran on the Nordschleife this past week-end.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 08:04:28 PM »
A short WTCC race would seem to be much easier to stage than the annual ADAC 24 Hour race there. It ran on the Nordschleife this past week-end.

I'd have to disagree, an endurance race by it's nature has most of the cars running against the clock more often far apart like at the Isle of Man TT, however shorter touring car races are bunched much more and they're always fighting to gain places as soon as possible. The more intense and close battles in touring cars results in many more incidents within the shorter time frame of the race. Endurance cars often run to optimise fuel consumption and reliability ahead of pure speed where as the tourers often go balls out the whole race.

Oh and just how much International TV or press coverage does the ADAC 24 hour get? In fact is all of it even filmed? 

I've noticed there is little fuss made in the British media of deaths at the Isle of Man TT, however non life threatening injuries at the British GP get massive exposure and analysis.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
Oh and just how much International TV or press coverage does the ADAC 24 hour get? In fact is all of it even filmed?

It got the same amount of press around here as F1 - none. It was live streamed on several sites in several languages. Radio Le Mans did live coverage of the entire race. I didn't get to follow it much as I was quite busy this past week-end.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle