collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 962
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max Verstappen  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Scott

Max Verstappen
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:27:45 AM »
I thought it was about time we simply start a thread on him.

So the latest out of Monza is MV's response to yet another current or former driver criticizing what they perceive as dangerous on track
moves by Max.

This one gets ugly...

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/verstappen-villeneuve-should-watch-what-he-says-because-he-killed-someone_sto5817746/story.shtml

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

Re: Max Verstappen
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 01:13:50 PM »
Typical silver spoon jerk.He goes past arrogant and shows
a total lack compassion for human life.Who knows maybe
he sold his soul for his fame and he'll have to pay one day.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 02:18:31 PM »
I was impressed with Max when he first moved up to RBR. Now, not so much, and even less with every race & certainly every time he opens his mouth. I just hope that he's starting far enough back that he can't wipe out any of the top 4 at the first chicane.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
I'm no fan of either driver, but if Verstappen did actually say that and the quote hasn't been 'jazzed up', he is out of order.  I watched the 2001 Australian Grand Prix live, and that collision between Villeneuve and Ralf Schumacher was very serious and pieces of both cars flew everywhere.  That is not something a driver should be held accountable for.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »
I feel that the governing bodies need to take responsibility as they have justified what he did and Charlie having a word in his "shell like" does not go far enough!
The current regulations are confusing for drivers let alone us fans so they really need to be clear on rules and make it simple so everyone understands.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
Turning into a bit of a loose canon is Max, I hope some action is taken before a serious accident occurs
 As far as JV is concerned I remember that accident and can't see how the marshals death can be attributed to him. The wheel, as far as I can rememberl went through a gap only slightly bigger than the wheel itself, an unbelievable set of circumstances.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 08:27:38 AM »
Max is throwing a tantrum. He's tired of experienced drivers telling him to behave, so he's throwing his toys off the high chair. I think he's right that the FIA is afraid to penalize him because he brings "new excitement" to F1.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »
Max is throwing a tantrum. He's tired of experienced drivers telling him to behave, so he's throwing his toys off the high chair. I think he's right that the FIA is afraid to penalize him because he brings "new excitement" to F1.

It's funny they weren't afraid to get on Maldo or Grosjean
when they were driving dangerously.Max has a punching face to me

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »
I mentioned in a previous thread that Max would probably end up in the NASCAR Truck Series. This is how they handle drivers like him:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 02:37:44 PM »
Hehe

You've gotta show the "why"  This was an insanely dirty move to take the win...the Haas truck was pinned against the armco by Nemechek.  Namechek deserves more than just a little tackle.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 06:19:21 PM »
Yeah, but in NASCAR that's considered "Just Racin'"
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle