collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 575
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton is a child  (Read 8993 times)

Offline Scott

Hamilton is a child
« on: October 08, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
He behaves like an idiot and then gets mad at people who call him an idiot...go figure.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37583862

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Hamilton is a child
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »
Whingepot!

(Probably the shortest post I've ever made here)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 07:21:39 PM »
This all started when he threw his toys out of the pram after Malaysia. I seriously doubt Mercedes is sabotaging his car to "let" Nico win. He's having a run of bad luck, and Nico is there to pick up the pieces like any good #2. Is Lewis a better driver than Nico? Undoubtedly. Would Nico be an unworthy champion? I don't think so. If the best driver always won, Clark would be a 4 or 5 time champion. He lost at least 2 WDCs because of unreliability. Excrement occurs.
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »
I'm glad there's still drivers who realize they don't have to be carbon copy corporate drones.  I can't say I approve of his behaviour per se, but I approve that he's willing to call BS where he sees it.  We all know that F1 'journalism' is more farcical than factual.

If being a triple world champion doesn't entitle someone to shake things up, then what's the point?

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »
Toto doesn't like it, but isn't likely to do anything.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37599648

Sorry Jerry, but at some point when you are making $40m+ year to represent multi million dollar teams and multi-billion dollar corporations, you need to bring your off-track behaviour above that of a snotty teenager.  He can pierce what he likes, colour his hair how he likes, but the people who represent him to the world should be given more respect than he apparently believes they are worth.  Of course F1 journalists are hungry for whatever morsel they can get, but that is also partly the fault of the way they are spoon-fed their information, and just as much the fault of those of us who gobble it up.

I don't find his behaviour calling BS, just creating it and showing how much he is full of it - it only brought awkward embarrassment to the press conference, nothing more - just click through to the youtube version to watch
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:07:28 PM by Scott »

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »

Sorry Jerry, but at some point when you are making $40m+ year to represent multi million dollar teams and multi-billion dollar corporations, you need to bring your off-track behaviour above that of a snotty teenager.  He can pierce what he likes, colour his hair how he likes, but the people who represent him to the world should be given more respect than he apparently believes they are worth.  Of course F1 journalists are hungry for whatever morsel they can get, but that is also partly the fault of the way they are spoon-fed their information, and just as much the fault of those of us who gobble it up.

I don't find his behaviour calling BS, just creating it and showing how much he is full of it - it only brought awkward embarrassment to the press conference, nothing more - just click through to the youtube version to watch

I guess I'm saying that what he's done is far more interesting than if he did what he was supposed to do.  How many of these press conferences has he done?  You can probably go back over the years and watch him answer the same questions the same way over and over again.  Yes, he's getting paid to do that, but there's got to be more to life than sticking to a script.

So yes, he's a child throwing his toys out of the pram, but these guys are our heroes because they get to do what we don't.  It's not just driving race cars for a living, but getting to tell off people who p*ss us off.

Don't tell me you haven't wanted to tell some idiot customer/supplier exactly what you think.  Hamilton gets to live that fantasy for a day!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 04:52:17 PM »

I guess I'm saying that what he's done is far more interesting than if he did what he was supposed to do.  How many of these press conferences has he done?  You can probably go back over the years and watch him answer the same questions the same way over and over again.  Yes, he's getting paid to do that, but there's got to be more to life than sticking to a script.

So yes, he's a child throwing his toys out of the pram, but these guys are our heroes because they get to do what we don't.  It's not just driving race cars for a living, but getting to tell off people who p*ss us off.

Don't tell me you haven't wanted to tell some idiot customer/supplier exactly what you think.  Hamilton gets to live that fantasy for a day!
It takes away the people's attention from championship to his antics, and gives him some space not to talk about how he will over turn the deficient, and Mercedes sabotaging his cars and other missiles from the press.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 10:02:06 PM »
Ah come on guys n gals those press conferences are bloody regimented and boring. ::)  Along with some of the other stuff that the new owners should look at is this tired old format press show.

I get the impression most journos only turn up to the conference in case something like this blows up and they need to be able to file it at the same time as everyone else to show it's necessary actually being at the track. :D   

Like The Honey Badger's irreverence with his boot ceremony on the podium Hammy is just reaching out to a far younger audience than most of us - it's what most observers of F1 say is a must to ensure the future of the racing series.  :DntKnw:   

Ask Bernie if he's annoyed?........... guess not as he has been surprisingly silent over Danny Ric & Lewis' antics. Action is usually swift, embarrassing and expensive when the Lord of F1 dislikes podium or organisational hiccoughs.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
I guess if he wanted to liven up the press conference, maybe there were better ways to do it.  As I saw it, his behaviour just embarrassed the other drivers and created a lot of awkward silence.  I can't say I am a fan of the way they do them to begin with, and in fact I think the scrum corrals are actually enough for my taste aside from one on one interviews, but there are drivers who did them for many more years than Lewis has and they managed to show respect to the press throughout their entire career.

But I have to say, my 17yr old has far better manners and a much better grasp of a sense of humour than Hamilton ever will. 

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 05:46:20 PM »

But I have to say, my 17yr old has far better manners and a much better grasp of a sense of humour than Hamilton ever will.

My dear Scotty, I am more than sure our little Scotty Jr. didn't get to say to his father "You are fired", neither he is being pampered as the prima Donna, so I am more than sure he will have manners much much better than Lewis Hamilton. In this particular race Lewis never had a chance with our Scotty Jr.  :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 06:45:23 PM »
Sadly, my boy will never have a chance to drive an F1 car  :'(

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 04:09:37 PM »
Sadly, my boy will never have a chance to drive an F1 car  :'(

Are you sure it is not a good thing?  :DntKnw:

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 12:35:09 AM »
I couldn't imagine Jackie Stewart ever acting so childish.When
Matra stopped using the Ford power plant and started using the
Matra he sucked it up and acted like a man.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »
I couldn't imagine Jackie Stewart ever acting so childish.When
Matra stopped using the Ford power plant and started using the
Matra he sucked it up and acted like a man.

Sure, but Sir Jackie acted like a gentlemen when the rest of the grid acted... well... like Hamilton.  On paper, having 22 Jackie Stewarts on the grid would be brilliant, but how dull would it get if everyone acted the same?

He brought a serious side to the sport, which is much appreciated, but sometimes the sport takes itself too seriously.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »
I think it will be unfair to expect anyone act like Sir Jackie Stuart. Just a few days ago the advert he did for Heineken shows what a class act he could still pull off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle