collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 345
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton:Always had a target on my back  (Read 2462 times)

Online Dare

Hamilton:Always had a target on my back
« on: October 02, 2021, 08:35:17 PM »
Just maybe when you drive on one of the best teams
there's a target on your back. Drive for Haas next year
and you won't have that worry. Stop whining

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hamilton-ive-always-had-a-target-on-my-back/ar-AAP3LCL?li=BBnbfcL

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Jericoke

Re: Hamilton:Always had a target on my back
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 09:42:05 PM »
and you won't have that worry. Stop whining

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hamilton-ive-always-had-a-target-on-my-back/ar-AAP3LCL?li=BBnbfcL

He's not whining, he's humble bragging that since he's always winning, people are always trying to take him down.  (Which is basically the definition of any sport... try to beat the best)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »
and you won't have that worry.

If Lewis (or anybody else) drove for Haas, he's have to worry about his teammate Niki targeting him.  :-[
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline jimclark

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 11:50:13 PM »
I'm trying to determine where one "sees" whining in that passage........
All I see is a rational discussion about how Lewis is dealing with things as they are.  8)
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 07:03:51 PM »
I've never been a real Hamilton fan, but I appreciate how he has matured and deserves a lot of what he has, whether through driving ability or off track career choices (he seems to hit the jackpot every time he changes teams).  And as much as I can't stand his in-race whining about everything from strategy calls to equipment problems, I don't think he is whining about Max.  He's mature enough to realise 'Win or Crash' is no way to win a championship.  Max isn't.

My money is on Lewis beating Max this year, and I hope he does it by only a handful of points that Max may have lost through penalties. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 03:37:00 AM »
 :good: :good: :good: :good:
Lonny

Offline jimclark

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 04:44:36 AM »
All once (McL>Merc) is every time??? :P
(he seems to hit the jackpot every time he changes teams).

No reason.....just miss those days and un-billiard table, foul-lined, circuits....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 05:07:42 AM by jimclark »
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

Online Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 01:50:52 PM »
All once (McL>Merc) is every time??? :P
(he seems to hit the jackpot every time he changes teams).

No reason.....just miss those days and un-billiard table, foul-lined, circuits....

It's fun to think about how different drivers would do in any era.  I think drivers like Schumacher or Lauda, their respective work efforts and attention to detail, would thrive in any era.

I can't imagine Hunt or Fangio doing 'simulator work', or Max Verstappen surviving a lap of the Green Hell.

Kimi has that raw racing talent, I think that in another era he'd be an all time great.  In more 'dangerous' eras, drivers like Hulkenberg who never really got a shot at the top might have found more opportunities through tragedy.

Vettel and Hamilton have me stumped.  They won in superior machinery.  Of course, in any era having superior cars is a huge boon, so they might well have found their way to the pointy end of the grid.  They're not multiple champions for nothing, I'm sure they'd do well in any era, but probably not as dominant.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 10:11:48 PM »
Winning is about having machinery that is better than the competition but you still have to beat your teammate and if you look back both SV and LH have done that without having a number one status in the team whereas other drivers have had the in their contracts.
It also has to be noted that LH has won in every year he has been in F1 and in machinery that was not always been the best and I don't think there are many drivers. if any, that can claim that achement.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle