collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 300
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Wurz  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Dare

Wurz
« on: June 30, 2007, 03:26:01 PM »
What's up with Wurz?I for one thought he always
belonged in f1

With his results so far and Rosberg clearly
out performing him I'm not so sure now
        your thoughts

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline johnbull

Re: Wurz
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 05:10:38 PM »
Seems quick enough during the races but just doesn't seem able to master qualifying.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »
I just posted in the teams section.  Wurz is a really likeable bloke, and his racing so far seems to be quick and he isn't afraid of overtaking, but all of this counts for nothing if he is starting in about P17.  I fear for his future in F1 and wouldn't be surprised if he is replaced next year, as it seems people in the team are already putting pressure on him from what I've read in the press. 

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »
If only he can learn how to qualify better.

He's fine in the race, but it's always an uphill strugle.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »
Today in Autosport they are suggesting he could be removed before the German Grand Prix.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »
And replaced by who?
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »
Narain Karthikeyan Hopefully. Not a chance though.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »
I can't see Williams replacing him during the season.  His qualifying time was not far behind Rosberg in France(I think about 0.1s).  Unfortunately for him there are a lot of cars around the same time so his position looks worse than it is.

The only reason to replace him is if you have someone you know can do th job and I don't think Williams have any drivers digned who they can be certain will succeed.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »
As Wurz demonstrates in the races, there's nothing wrong with his driving.  Steven is correct to point out the very small difference between Rosberg's and Alex's qualifying times - it's the closeness of the field this year that has meant that a few tenths of a second can be the difference between qualifying in the top ten or just avoiding the tail end.

I don't think the team is putting a lot of pressure on Wurz; the suggestion that he improve his quali times was a friendly hint, I think (and also fairly obvious).  And look at who he's competing with - Nico is no slouch and we'd all be amazed if Wurz were to suddenly start beating him.  No, Wurz is doing the job he was hired to do - drive for the amount Frank offered (Webber wasn't prepared to do it) and keep helping the engineers to develop the car.  It's just struck them that, if he could start getting into the points too, they'd really have a bargain on their hands.  ;)

I think he'll still be in a Williams in 2008 - unless my other prediction comes true and Raikkonen gets his seat...   :yahoo:
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

FW14B

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »
I was just going on with the speculation in Autosport.  They suggest Flavio is keen on lending out Piquet Jr for up to 18 months and Williams could have gone along with it.  Of course most likely it is just idle speculation.  I really like Wurz, and want to see his luck improve, hopefully at Silverstone this might happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle