collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 282
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will Kimi Räikkönen perform better without Felipe Massa around?  (Read 7319 times)

LoNeR4eVa

Will Kimi Räikkönen perform better without Felipe Massa around?
« on: September 16, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
I have been thinking about this for a long time. I feel that Massa is winning partly because that Räikkönen have been a champion before and Massa have not so Ferrari is helping him to vie for it. As i have also notice that Räikkönen is better now without him in any of the races, he have even achieve a win in SPA-FRANCORCHAMP and also 5 podium in this season. Please tell me about how you guys feel about it.

Offline Scott

Re: Will Kimi Räikkönen perform better without Felipe Massa around?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »
I don't think Kimi personally is affected by Massa being there or not.  He's not one to get into any pshyco issues.  The car has come around, and he isn't having such lousy luck...simple as that.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »
I don't think it will effect him, either. He really didn't seem to have his head in the game for a while, but it looks like he worked through that.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

LoNeR4eVa

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »
so who does your feel is better?

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:22 PM »
Although David for one will disagree, I'd say Kimi.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »
When he's on it, Kimi.

Massa doesn't have the flashes of brilliance that Kimi does, but he's far more consistent.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »
The two are really are difficult to separate.

Kimi has tremendous natural ability but all to often lacks either the discipline or mindset to make it all work. If only Raikkanon could have allowed others to give some input he just might have become one of the true greats, sadly it's too late now

On the other hand Fellippe is a driver who has worked enormously hard to develop his skill as an F1 pilot, because he knows he has to keep striving he gives it 11/10ths almost all the time. Massa also recognises that he can keep developing and learning from others as well as his own experience.

I say massa is the better driver because he wants it more!

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »
I much prefer Felipe as a driver and a person, actually I don't believe Kimi is real, I think it's a radio controlled car and in the press rooms he's a hologram.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
I think Kimi is the better driver.His luck reminds me
of Webber's except Kimi finds a way to get the win
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »
Kimi has won a WDC, with Massa as a teammate.

If you think he's a better driver without Massa, then maybe he'd have wrapped up the championship earlier.

Some great drivers get a car to perform better than anyone would expect.  Schumacher was famous for that.  Alonso also seems to be head and shoulders above his teammates at Renault.  Kimi, on the other hand, simply can drive a great car to a great result.

Formula One is a team sport.  Kimi won't overcome his team's mistakes, but will reward great teamwork as well as anyone.  I don't think having Massa around affects this, though I'd say that Massa might be able to do more with an inferior car than Kimi.

david1275

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »

Kimi has tremendous natural ability but all to often lacks either the discipline or mindset to make it all work. If only Raikkanon could have allowed others to give some input he just might have become one of the true greats, sadly it's too late now

On the other hand Fellippe is a driver who has worked enormously hard to develop his skill as an F1 pilot, because he knows he has to keep striving he gives it 11/10ths almost all the time. Massa also recognises that he can keep developing and learning from others as well as his own experience.

Massa is definitely the best all round package. I couldn't have worded my reasons any better than John has, spot on. :good:

Although David for one will disagree, I'd say Kimi.

Your getting to know me well Scotty my friend. ;)

Offline raindancer

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
Put Kimi and Massa in completely identical cars without any of Ferrari politics, Kimi will drive circles around Massa. Having said that Massa has worked hard without ever being really good, He has ambition and the drive, but pure driving Kimi is miles ahead.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »
Put Kimi and Massa in completely identical cars without any of Ferrari politics, Kimi will drive circles around Massa. Having said that Massa has worked hard without ever being really good, He has ambition and the drive, but pure driving Kimi is miles ahead.

I'm not sure the telemetry will back you up Rd, it's true Massa has had to work harder at it than Kimi but you shouldn't underestimate the work ethic and the ability to cope with adversity. The ability to keep your head up and pesevere are just as important as natural talent.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline raindancer

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
I agree John and I appreciate Massa for his work ethic. But in terms of driving skill, ability and the flair to bring that extra out of a car its Kimi.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »

quite agree John - natural talent is worthless without desire, dedication and discipline
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle