collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 316
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Monaco - did Verstappen cross pit exit line  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Monty

Monaco - did Verstappen cross pit exit line
« on: May 29, 2022, 05:22:12 PM »
Sky showed an in car shot that seemed to show the car cross the pit exit line but nothing else was said

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Monaco - did Verstappen cross pit exit line
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 05:26:52 PM »
Maybe Monty, Maybe Not. Stewards say Nay.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
Interesting race though Monty, happy for Cheko.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 05:52:29 PM »
Ferrari are complaining- slam dunk break of the rule in my opinion.
The race was terrible! Pathetic delay at the start. Verstappen gets away with cheating (again). Overtaking was impossible. Slow stewards decisions (Ocon should have been told to give the position to Hamilton immediately after he tried to force Lewis off the track). Awful decisions by Ferrari. I will not miss Monaco if it goes

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 06:06:33 PM »
Ferrari are complaining- slam dunk break of the rule in my opinion.
The race was terrible! Pathetic delay at the start. Verstappen gets away with cheating (again). Overtaking was impossible. Slow stewards decisions (Ocon should have been told to give the position to Hamilton immediately after he tried to force Lewis off the track). Awful decisions by Ferrari. I will not miss Monaco if it goes

Must admit I nearly fell asleep waiting for part time Race Director to get his finger out at start of Monaco race today, but when it got underway I think it was one of the classics around the tight street circuit. I enjoyed it.  :good:

Always a trade off between risk and reward, RBR got it right Ferrari dropped the ball - it's as simple as that.

Trying to claim Max crossed the yellow line, which is marginal at best, only seeks to fudge poor decisions by Maranello pit wall; get over it Binotto your crew screwed up.  :P

Online Dare

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 06:21:30 PM »
Another race that showed me if you don't have the
superior car your just a racing mortal

And it showed me Mick won't be around long if he
doesn't stop destroying his car. Maybe greatness skipped a
generation
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline rmassart

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 08:07:29 PM »
I will not miss Monaco if it goes

Me too, I no longer see the point in this race. I fully get the history and so on, but it's called race track for a reason and I can't remember the last time there was a meaningful overtake at Monaco. By which I mean deciding at least a podium position.

As for the race, we once again saw why Ferrari will not be champions this year. Normally over the rough and tumble of a season you win some and lose some decisions. I think so far Ferrari keep losing them!

Offline Willy

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 08:37:48 PM »
F1 TV in-car shot sure looked like a line cross and they also talked about Checo doing the same thing as he came out.

Ferarri certainly pooched Leclerc's race by not bring him in for Inters as soon as Perez pitted. They screwed his race at that point.
Monaco always delivers some drama as it is so tight and almost impossible to pass. Ask Lewis as he watched the rear end of Alonso's car for most of the last parts of the race.
The Red Bulls were flawless and did not take a mis-step.
Other then the Ferarri statigy mistake the rest of the field were also-rans as usual.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2022, 09:38:58 PM »
F1 TV in-car shot sure looked like a line cross and they also talked about Checo doing the same thing as he came out.

Guess it's like Footy, Monty, on the line is ok - Over the line is out of play..... or Goal!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2022, 10:32:23 PM »
I saw both Red Bulls cross the line and am disappointed that such a clear rules breach was dismissed. That was the mis-step that would have lost the race had the rules been correctly applied.

It's bad enough that Charles lost a win due to problems with his own team, but losing the podium because of bad stewarding stings.

I saw lots of overtaking though, and lots of challenge. Monaco is an important race in the calendar as it stretches teams' and drivers' skill in different directions to other venues, and F1 should stop playing hardball about TV (which in my view would result in Monaco having worse coverage) and race fees (a more reasonable demand but I'm not sure how F1's going to get all the races it wants if it starts dropping them the rate it's losing them...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Monty

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2022, 10:36:21 PM »
The race directors notes gave a clear interpretation of the rule last year - must stay to the right of the line i.e. touching the line is unacceptable. Yet today; for the fake Champion; actually crossing the line is still acceptable 😳
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 10:39:43 PM by Monty »

Online Dare

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2022, 11:24:14 PM »
How many other drivers touched the white line? Only
Max and Perez
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2022, 12:31:38 AM »
What Monty said to start with!
Does F1 build cars to race or do they build them around the limitations of Monaco?
With no meaningful overtaking on track by the front runners Monaco has to change which due to the nature of the place is difficult.
TV coverage is not as good lots of things being missed so maybe that has to change.
Drainage needs improving if it is so poor that it stops races running due to standing water.
If FA can run 3 seconds a lap slower than the rest of the field and not be overtaken it then gives credence to the dump the race call.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 01:22:06 PM »
I think that the problem with Monaco isn't the track, it's the gargantuan SUV's that Liberty & the FIA are trying to pass off as F1 cars. If they were any larger they'd have to make a 3 point turn to get around the Fairmont (Lowe's, Grand Hotel, Station) hairpin. Monaco is far from being the only circuit with overtaking problems.

There was no excuse for the protracted delay of the start. I can see giving the teams a few minutes to put on rain tires. The rain really didn't start until after the parade lap. After that they should have started the race.

I thought Alonso's performance was fantastic. I voted for him as Driver of the Day. We all talk about how a good driver should be able to get the best out of a less than great car. That's what Alonso did. (And, yes, Jarno Trulli is still one of my all time favorite drivers  :D  )

As a Haas fan, I think I know what the plot of the next Mission: Impossible movie will be. The Russians have kidnapped Mick Schumacher & replaced him with a disguised Niki the Spin.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2022, 03:33:17 PM »
I saw both Red Bulls cross the line and am disappointed that such a clear rules breach was dismissed. That was the mis-step that would have lost the race had the rules been correctly applied.

Now did you see the Bulls cross the lines Alia? Surely it depends on interpretation of crossing the line? FIA rules say, if Im not mistaken, crossing - not touching or being partly/fully on - lines.
I've seen no TV footage where either RBR car has a wheel beyond the yellow line. On it yes, but crucially not beyond it!

I think Stewards ruling that RD notes cannot overide written Regs has to be correct if the changes many have insisted upon following last term's final race are to be as meaningful as stated.

When judging if a car is beyond track limits Stewards look for inside wheels beyond the white line, many have escaped punishment by being partly on the lines. Not sure on the Regs wording for track limits, but line judging needs to be consistant across the piece, surely? Even Grand Slam Tennis treats balls on the line as in - anyone remember 'Chalkdust' the famous cry of McEnroe.

How many other drivers touched the white line? Only
Max and Perez

You may be right Dare.  :DntKnw:

However how many other pit exits do we recall seeing on TV showing that crucial final 15 metres from a decent comparative angle? Not that many from memory, and certainly not like the many camera angles that have been trotted out in Red Bulls case.

Oh - and the pit exit line was yellow, Dare.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 03:36:16 PM by John S »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle