collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Was Wolfe being truthful?  (Read 1382 times)

Online Dare

Was Wolfe being truthful?
« on: April 26, 2022, 05:27:39 PM »
Reminds me of when Danny R came on the
scene at Red Bull. Seems Russel is getting
more out of the car than Lewis. It's good to
look unbeatable with a wingman and unbeatable car

https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-rosberg-toto-wolff-message/

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Was Wolfe being truthful?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:36:19 PM »
Yeah, when his teammate finished 4th, why was Wolff giving Lewis an apology for the car?  Who knows, maybe his setup sucked, but that would be on Lewis too, wouldn't it? 

One thing Imola really showed off is which cars bounce and which don't with that massive straight.  Merc and Ferrari were both bouncing like crazy on the last third of that straight.  For me I think the car would be undriveable, but the Ferrari boys don't seem too bothered, and Russel makes it work.

I would say Lewis will step out of F1 either during or following this season, and if Daimler does too, Toto will perhaps be a bit humbled.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 07:10:16 PM »
I am a little surprised how Hamilton hasn't been able to adapt to the W13.  I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for him to see his teammate doing 'fine' with it.

As for 'leaving' F1, I wonder if he'd be interested in driving for a team with lower expectations, like Kimi did.  Enjoy the sport for its own sake.  I doubt it, given his extensive off track activities, but who knows?  We've seen both Kimi and Alonso go off to other series and come back, so it's not an untread path.

As for Wolff's comments, he knows Lewis, and his team, what he said wouldn't be random, but probably what everyone involved 'needs to hear'.  I think that even Russell would accept the team turning everything upside down to benefit Lewis.  It would sting a little, but it's Hamilton's house, and George knew that coming in.

Online Dare

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 08:21:28 PM »
If he isn't happy with a under performing  Mercedes
why would he want to go to another team that's probably
worse and couldn't afford him anyway
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline rmassart

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 12:39:46 PM »
I think too much is being read into the difference in positions between Russell and Hamilton.

Russell got a flying start and made up five positions I think. Hamilton didn't. Once the dust had settled from the start, neither gained positions on the track as far as I remember.

The damp conditions making it hard to go off the racing line coupled with the DRS train made overtaking impossible für Hamilton.

Offline Willy

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
I mentioned my thoughts on Lewis leaving in another thread and stand by them.
I don't see him revisiting F1 after he leaves as he has many other offtrack pursuits.
Lewis wants to start a fashion brand and with his exposure he will do well.
I'm sure many will want to wear a LH branded piece of clothing?

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 10:39:52 AM »
I do not think Russell is doing any better than Lewis. If you look at the various races; ‘circumstances’ put Hamilton in positions behind Russell.
The car is a dog compared to Ferrari and Red Bull but I would still put Hamilton slightly ahead of Russell in normal race conditions.
I fully expect Mercedes to improve and Hamilton to shine again. The big question is when?!

Offline Andy B

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 10:35:31 PM »
I agree with Monty a good driver does not become a bad driver overnight!
With GR getting out of the car with back and chest issues maybe LH was wiser not to push the limited boundaries?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 03:01:04 PM »
This has made me think about when Vettel suddenly "went over the cliff" from being a WDC class driver to a mid-fielder at best. That said, I think Lewis will come back from this. He was always much better that Vettel at getting the most out an under-performing car.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
Like all you others I don't feel George is really outperforming Lewis if you study the stats carefully. However most top line winning atheletes have a cross over point from the abosolute best to lesser perfomances. Most seem able to manage a very gradual decline and hope to jump out before it gets too bad.

My fear is Lewis may have reached this crossover point and the more George fnishes ahead of him the more it will appear his days in F1 are numbered, certainly as far as the new breed of young fans and general news media view it.

If he loses more ground in the points table to George maybe it is time for Lewis to duck out during the season, citing impacts on his body from porpoising are medically too risky for the health of an ageing veteran 7 times WDC.  ;) 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Dare

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 06:22:27 PM »
Shumi never got the choice at Ferrari. Or really
at Mercedes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle