collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 314
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General F1 Discussion / Liberty media good or bad?
« Last post by Andy B on April 02, 2024, 09:18:39 PM »
With Planet F1's poll showing that Liberty is not good for F1 and will not be good for Moto GP I wondered what you guys thought?

https://www.planetf1.com/features/planetf1-readers-their-say-liberty-new-deal-motogp
General F1 Discussion / Re: Is Push-to-Pass correct thing for 2026 F1 new regs cars?
« Last post by Andy B on March 31, 2024, 09:07:42 PM »
I don't want to see either of these in F1 and the less electricity used the better as "E" racing with virtually no sound is boring for me.
I still stand that F1 has too many rules and as there is a cost cap give the teams more of a free range to design and race what they want within the budget cap.
I'll always say that complaining about racing being 'artificial' doesn't make sense.  It's not like F1 cars grow in the wild: the entire enterprise is artificial.  Further, as a spectator sport, the rules should always adjust towards making a watchable product (even if the powers that be get that wrong, I'll give them a pass on good faith attempts).

With that said... I don't care for the push to pass system where a car has reserve power they're only allowed to deploy a fixed amount of time. I'm fine with DRS, and I like, as a spectator, that there's a way to give an advantage to a trailing car that is still a technical innovation (doesn't everyone say that RBR has a better DRS than others?  Another area to differentiate the cars is about as un 'artificial' as F1 gets isn't it?). I've enjoyed the last couple of seasons with drivers using detection points and multiple DRS zones strategically, appearing to lose a place only to actually solidify it half a lap later.

I like the current DRS system, though if someone wants to tinker, I'll be open minded.  I don't want the cars to be 'artificially' limited (I'm already not a fan of rev limiters and a cap on ERS deployment). In a cost cap era let someone blow up their engine if they want. And if F1 wants to be at the forefront of automotive technology, the hybrid system should be unlimited.  Left to their own devices, an F1 team might be able to come up with a car that is basically electric, using the ICE as power boost.
General F1 Discussion / Re: Is a change of driver coming?
« Last post by Alianora La Canta on March 31, 2024, 06:40:34 PM »
It could be as simple as running F2 in the first half of the season, so that F2 drivers can compete for F1 seats with F1 drivers without having to rely upon a team being willing to delay their decision until the end of November. F3 could run in the second half of the season, so that they have some idea which seats in F2 are available for them to fill.

In addition, there need to be more teams (plural) for the upcoming drivers to occupy.
Neither, please.
General F1 Discussion / Is Push-to-Pass correct thing for 2026 F1 new regs cars?
« Last post by John S on March 31, 2024, 03:43:36 PM »
Extra power for overtaking may seem like a dream for some wanting things spiced up on track, but is it really in F1 DNA?  :DntKnw:

Also will Push-to-Pass be instead of DRS, or as well as?   :confused:

All seems a bit artificial to me, maybe I'm wrong, what do others think?

https://www.pitpass.com/77322/2026-cars-to-feature-push-to-pass
Seems Brembo jumped the gun in heaping all responsibility onto Red Bull (Max's brake issue Melbourne) and Ferrari (Charles brake issue Bahrain), see link to GPBlog.com below.

Whilst not really accepting any responsibility Brembo have moved  from certainty to - "'probably' that the problem arose from an incorrect adjustment or choice by the team"

Well Brembo which is it - and how soon will it be fixed?

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/266945/update-brake-supplier-know-reason-for-verstappen-s-dnf-red-bull-error.html?campname=highlighted-content&camplink=onderaan
Pit Pass / Hear Red Bull Powertrains new 26 F1 engine running on dyno
« Last post by John S on March 28, 2024, 12:05:34 PM »
Click thru on 'X' link below to hear, but not see, new RBPT/Ford PU on testbed. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1771178101562544595
General F1 Discussion / Re: Formula 1 Exhibition comes to Toronto
« Last post by Jericoke on March 26, 2024, 06:07:02 PM »
I'm definitely going to try and make time to see it!

Ends the week before the Toronto Indy, might see a lot of motorsport in July!
General F1 Discussion / Formula 1 Exhibition comes to Toronto
« Last post by cosworth151 on March 26, 2024, 04:41:38 PM »
The Formula 1 Exhibition is going to make its first North American stop in Toronto. Looks like it runs from May 3rd through July 14th. Tickets look fairly decently priced for what it is.

Looks like you might be in for a treat, Jeri!  :good:

https://f1exhibition.com/toronto/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle