collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 240
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16168 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13004 Posts
John S John S
11284 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Drivers find braking harder with new tyre  (Read 2071 times)

davewilson

Drivers find braking harder with new tyre
« on: December 24, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »
Formula One teams may need to make changes to the braking systems of their cars if drivers are to be able to cope with Bridgestone's new 2007 rubber.

That is the view of Giancarlo Fisichella, who claims that one of the biggest surprises with the new rubber has been how the tyres behave under braking for corners.

"We'll get used to them with time, but at the moment the front wheels tend to always lock under strong braking," he told Italian magazine Autosprint.

"Maybe it would make sense to also make changes on the brakes, on their ventilation and their operating pressures, because if the tyres' performance and grip have changed so radically, maybe it will be necessary to adapt the braking system."

Felipe Massa has backed up Fisichella's claims, claiming that braking distances have changed dramatically as a result of the harder compound tyres.

"With less grip it's unthinkable to brake where we used to before," he said. "At Jerez, this issue was even more evident than at Barcelona.

"And to think that the tyres (in Jerez) were softer, but the difference in driving compared to the recent past is enormous."

The extent of the changes that the tyres have brought about has reiterated Massa's belief that Ferrari will have no advantage next season because of their previous knowledge of Bridgestone.

"Many things have changed," he explained. "They said we would have a great advantage for having worked with Bridgestone before, but in truth these tyres are new for everyone.

"Every team starts over from the same point."

The Stig

Here we go Again  ?

Offline Dare

Re: Drivers find braking harder with new tyre
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »

In Bridgestone's family of racing teams,I strongly
    suspect Ferr. will be treated as a favorite son >:D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 06:21:03 PM »
This Year all teams will be racing with the same compound.
But i agree a certain team will be miles ahead as they have knowledge of the tyres and the way they carry out the task at every track.
But in a way It could level things out?
I wish Dunlop would come back,I hate the Monopoly which is going on in the sport.
Then again i am not making the millions that these enjoy at our expense

The Stig

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »

I like the one tyre rule.I just don't think who
    wins championships should be decided who
    has the best tyres like it was in 05.Last
    year it seemed every race was decided on
    the tyres as well
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 07:18:03 PM by The Stig »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »
Out of interest, would you guys like it to like 'the good old days' were filled up with fuel to the end of the race and the drivers just got on with it?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »
 Always said that wizard, fill 'em up, no blue flags, make 'em fight their way through. If they can do that they deserve the crown. Lets get it back to real f1 with real tyres too, ones that they can trust to leave braking as late as their balls will allow, neck & neck at the corners wd'sw's
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

davewilson

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 10:56:10 AM »
I would like to see the old days return,with the mechanic in the passenger seat etc.
But those days are long gone and money seems to take over like in every sport

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle