collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 116
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16164 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12995 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: EJ applauds Dennis' gamble  (Read 1525 times)

davewilson

EJ applauds Dennis' gamble
« on: December 24, 2006, 06:30:41 PM »
Former team owner Eddie Jordan has applauded McLaren boss Ron Dennis for changing the habit of a lifetime and signing a rookie driver in Lewis Hamilton.

Dennis thought long and hard before deciding to partner the GP2 title-holder with world champion Fernando Alonso in his 2007 race line-up – and Jordan reckons he’s made the right choice.

“What Ron has done marks a unique moment in the history of McLaren – and it’s brilliant,” EJ wrote in his regular column in F1 Racing magazine.

“If you discount Michael Andretti, who was hired, I suspect, under pressure from sponsor Marlboro, you have to go back to 1980 to find McLaren’s last F1 rookie (Alain Prost) – and that was the year before Ron’s first season in charge.

“Dennis believes in experience first and has always played it safe and, to be fair, it has paid off.

“…Ron has never done anything like it before and, in my opinion, it proves he has the big balls of a racer.”

Jordan has been impressed with Hamilton’s progress since he first came across him at the Macau F3 race in 2003.

Although he expects the young Briton to have a few setbacks next year as he learns the ropes, he is convinced Dennis' decision will be vindicated.

“Jordan survived by taking on youngsters and giving them their chance,” he wrote.

“It’s a gamble, but it’s worth it.

“Hamilton will be good for business and, I hope, good for results.

“Good luck, Lewis, you’ll need it in the Piranha Club.

“But keep attacking and your talent will shine.

“And I applaud you, Ron – you’ll enjoy the merry-go-round of racing a rookie. There’ll be good races and there’ll be atrocious ones.

“But I know what you’re thinking: It couldn’t be much worse than this year.”

Let us all wait and see! ?????? What do you all expect for a driver in his first year.You did this with Jenson!!!! Let us not go down the same road and give the the man a chance.     No pressure from Media and Web Pages
I wish you all the best.
And Mr Jorden Start Another Team! You just cant hack it as a Reporter

The Stig

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 07:13:42 PM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle