collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 594
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Giancarlo Fisichella signed up  (Read 5232 times)

Offline Dare

Giancarlo Fisichella signed up
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »
Good news for a few of us here :good:

Before the publication of the season's entry list in a few days, a pre-view of what is coming: Giancarlo Fisichella, the Formula 1 driver, will race in the whole 2010 Le Mans Series season.  

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Giancarlo Fisichella signed up
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »
I just read that on the LeMans series site. Gato mentioned it, too. I'll guess you'll have to get used to cars with fenders & doors.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline gato

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:50:01 PM »
I am very happy that i can see my hero still racing! i dont know does eurosport or any my counrty's national channel show the race but i live in hope. if you go to autosport magazine site, there is a longer article under the link LMS about Giancarlo's future in Le mans serie in this season. Please tell this to Ali too, she is big fisi fan like me too.
La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:15 PM »
More good news for you, Gato. Fisi will be driving a Ferrari F430 in the GT2 class. He will be paired with Finnish driver Toni Vilander for the AF Corsa team. I found this at the Planet LeMans website.

http://www.planetlemans.com/

Also, former F1 drivers Jean Alesi and Gianmaria Bruni will team up with Jamie Melo in another AF Corsa F430.

The isn't much on the teams website.

http://www.afcorse.it/en/web/home.do
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
 :D Good to see Giancarlo will be racing somewhere. It looks like he's got a very good team-mate in Toni Vilander as well. I will definitely need to keep track of the Le Mans Series - I'd paid little attention to it up to now but if Giancarlo's there. Besides, if Jean Alesi is in the series too, it must be a fun series to compete in!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline gato

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »
Fisi and Toni are surely good pair! finns are fast in motorsport. ean is good friend of fisi so he surely feels like home in the new serie. :D
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
I've compared the calenders and it turns out there are two clashes for Giancarlo between his Le Mans Series racing and F1 reserve driver duties. They are the Spanish Grand Prix (when he is due to race in the Spa 1000km) and, of all races, the Italian Grand Prix (when the clash is with the British 1000km). Considering that there are only five races in the Le Mans Series, this surprises me. Oh well, every silver lining has its cloud...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline gato

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 01:13:49 AM »
Thanx cosworth for the fisi's race class link. the team Amato is new for me. it sounds that Enrico (his manager) has found the best choice for him. :good:
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 03:06:18 AM »
I've compared the calenders and it turns out there are two clashes for Giancarlo between his Le Mans Series racing and F1 reserve driver duties. They are the Spanish Grand Prix (when he is due to race in the Spa 1000km) and, of all races, the Italian Grand Prix (when the clash is with the British 1000km). Considering that there are only five races in the Le Mans Series, this surprises me. Oh well, every silver lining has its cloud...

In both cases they could have a jet standing by at the airports, or could nominate another reserve just for that race.  Those seem like fairly important races for him to miss.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
Two things to consider about the schedule. First, he's still in a Ferrari. I wonder if Marinello had a hand in Fisi getting the seat. It's one way to help keep his basic racecraft skills sharp.  Second, the other team car has three drivers listed. If Fisi should get the call for Catalunya or Monza, AF Corsa would still have 4 drivers for 2 cars.
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »
I think you are right Scott there's no doubt Ferrari will want Fischi available at a moments notice to take over the F1 race car, I believe the rules have changed for this season so a nominated reserve driver can take over the car right up to the start of the race, provided the stewards agree it's a force majeure situation.

I'm pretty sure the Massa and Glock situations last year highlighted a problem of the cars not running at some races so the rules have been tidied up in amongst the new regs about substituting drivers in Friday practice.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline gato

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
Here is the pic about Toni Vilander, the new teammate of Giancarlo:
http://www.gpwizard.co.uk/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=1101
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »
Good picture, Gato!  :good:

You, Ali & Dare might want to check out Radio LeMans. It's a web station that broadcasts all year. They carry many LeMans and ALMS races live. They also carry news from other racing series, like F1 and IndyCar, do road tests of production cars and tour the shops of outfits like Lola.

http://rlm08.0157.org/#
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 01:36:52 PM »
Good picture, Gato!  :good:

You, Ali & Dare might want to check out Radio LeMans. It's a web station that broadcasts all year. They carry many LeMans and ALMS races live. They also carry news from other racing series, like F1 and IndyCar, do road tests of production cars and tour the shops of outfits like Lola.

http://rlm08.0157.org/#

Good work Cos, that link now firmly filed in favourites, thanks. :good:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline gato

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 03:00:02 PM »
Thanks Cos for the radio link! i dont know does my laptop runs it well, i have little problem with the windows media player, it eats words >:(. i like more to see races from tele.
- Enzo Ferrari

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle