collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 629
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Letter to Giancarlo?  (Read 5603 times)

Offline gato

Letter to Giancarlo?
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »
Hi Dare, Judy, Ital-Galka and Alianora: what we do with the Giancarlo's letter? :DntKnw: his forum is still closed but hopefully opens before the LMS season start. alianora has the original version but i am not sure has she the italian version too that i translated on the forum. i don't know carlo's (the guy who promised to translate the letter in fluent italian because i am not native speaker) email address. if i knew it, i would write him in italian and ask if the letter translation is ready. if so, he could send it for me or keep himself until the fisi forum will be re-opened. and  i would also invite him into this forum where we can discuss about the letter and other subjects. ;) it would be great if someone from the fisi forum would deliver the letter to Giancarlo, during le mans weekend or ferrari test days. he really deserves our support! :good:

La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Wizzo

Re: Letter to Giancarlo?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
Out of curiosity, How many members did the Fisi site have?
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline gato

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:46:11 PM »
Hundreds members but all are not so activity. i have hanged on his forum since 1998 when i started to support Fisico.  i have seen many layouts during his racing career. my italian skill has gave me many new file about Giancarlo because he is written many times in italian press too. longest members have been there perhaps 15 years when Fisico has raced in f1 but some new members comes everyday. his birthday 14.1. is wrong, the real date is 15.1973. his dad did a little error when it was registration :o. i read that from his italian version from his home site, it was not translated in english. :fool: if you want to go to see the site that is still under construction, the url is: www.giancarlofisichella.com. we fans there are like big family, also same like here. :D
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline gato

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
sorry, the real date is 15.1.1973. my writing error... :-[
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »
Before the Fisichella Forum shut for refurbishment, I managed to save a bilingual copy of the letter onto my computer. I've since put borders on it and printed a copy (I don't expect to be in a position to hand it over any time soon, or possibly ever, but with a printout, opportunism becomes possible). There's a page on my wiki explaining where I've got to. Unless and until we're in position to do a more formal, organised plan, it might be an idea for anyone else interested in getting the letter sent to download and print their own copy just in case.

Wizzo, there were at least a dozen active members of the Fisichella Forum at the time of refurbishment, but exact numbers are difficult to assess given the patterns some people used to contribute and also the way the shutdown happened.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:11:47 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline gato

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »
Alianora, i am very glad that the letter versions are safe in your post. :D i smiled when i saw my italian translation as i know that it will not be the final one, as carlo promised to help us. the LMS season begins in March, the forum must open soon too.
- Enzo Ferrari

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »
When I get carlo's translation, I'll substitute it. Until then, yours will do fine :)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline gato

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Aspettiamo...(let's wait) ;)
- Enzo Ferrari

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 12:24:20 AM »
Will do ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline gato

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 06:37:52 PM »

http://www.gpwizard.co.uk/index.php?ind=gallery&op=section_view&idev=21

Here is the pic where Giancarlo is in Milano fashion show. he is wearing Armani's dress.
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »
Hey, Gato. If you want to have a picture like that show up with your post, just click on the Additional Options tab at the bottom of the reply box. One of the options will be Attach. You can then just click on the Browse button and find the picture in you computer. It's a little easier, and you can do it all in one step.  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline gato

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:18 AM »
i am still beginner with pics :confused: and practise makes the master!
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline gato

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:37 AM »
Hey, Gato. If you want to have a picture like that show up with your post, just click on the Additional Options tab at the bottom of the reply box. One of the options will be Attach. You can then just click on the Browse button and find the picture in you computer. It's a little easier, and you can do it all in one step.  :good:

Thanks for the info :D. i am little lost where the Additional Options is in the menu. :DntKnw: Can you tell me the path step by step, here are so many other functuons too... :-[
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »
It's really easy. First, type you message in the text box. That's the one right below all the little smiley faces. then, click on the Additional Options... tab just below the box. You'll see the word Attach: with a box after it, and a green Browse... button. Click on that Browse... button and you will see Windows Explorer box pop up. Just move through it until you find the picture you want to post, then click on the picture. You will see the location of the picture appear in the Attach... box. If you want to post more than one, click (more attachments) and repeat the procedure. Please not, the file size of the pictures has to be less than 500 KB.

Your picture will appear at the bottom of your post, just like this one of Fisi in his Renault days. I took it at 2nd practice on Friday afternoon at the 2006 USGP at Indy. He's in Turn 6.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline gato

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
Thanks Cosworth for the info. :D I study photo adding tomorrow, today i had spanish listening exam (part 1 of  the spanish matriculation exam, the written part 2 is next month) and i feel tired... :swoon:  Now i relax with olympics! ;)
- Enzo Ferrari

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle