collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 570
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bahrain Qualifying.  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Chris Borg

Bahrain Qualifying.
« on: March 13, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »

You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline cosworth151

Re: Bahrain Qualifying.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
You and me too, Chris. I think this may be one of the hardest seasons to pick in a long time.

...and that's a good thing!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »
Can you imagine what it will be like tomorrow.....I am so exited. I missed Qualifying as I was working. :sick:
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »
I said all along it was going to be hard to decide who was strong till first qualy but the race is another game who has the race pace? :DntKnw:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
Went with my gut for pole, maybe I should stick with it for my race picks!
 :good:  :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »
Well done Seb, great start.

RB's And Ferraris are the ones to beat so far, be interesting to see whether the RB's have cured their tyre munching issues in the race tomorow. Can't wait! McLarens are very slow by comparison, MGP seems about same pace. Force India is quick and so is Renault, well in Kubicas hands anyway. What about Chandhok eh? What a level headed calm guy, first lap in the car ever and its in front of millions too. Well played that lad only a second and a half of his team mate who at least had a few more laps.

McLarens are supposedly suffering from Downforce issues again, lets see if they can solve that issue quicker this time than they did last season. Did anyone else think Schumacher looked a little shocked to be outpaced by Nico? Still, he's rusty and will only get better I'm sure.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »

Darn it Seb couldn't you and Luscious Liz have just wandered onto the run off a little, ::) you just had to spoil mine and Massa's day. Still Felippe gave Ferd a shock. :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
It's going to be interesting.  Last season the cars had to qualify on race fuel... so how they finished was how they were going to start.

Now... with the cars qualifying light, and starting heavy it's going to be different.  Some cars will run better heavy, and some will run better light.  If it was up to me, I'd make the car run better heavy, so as to build an early lead, even if that means not going for pole.

What I'm trying to say, is that the cars in 6 to 10 might have a greater advantage than ever.

(Or maybe not!!  That's what I love about this time of year!)

FW14B

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »
A really interesting quali session.  No surprises in the first few departures after Q1, but the 2nd Quali could have seen so many people get knocked out.  Disappointed for the Williams bunch but I think we can score points.  Vettle pulled out all the stops to get pole.  The race should be fascinating. 

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »
It's going to be interesting.  Last season the cars had to qualify on race fuel... so how they finished was how they were going to start.

Now... with the cars qualifying light, and starting heavy it's going to be different.  Some cars will run better heavy, and some will run better light.  If it was up to me, I'd make the car run better heavy, so as to build an early lead, even if that means not going for pole.

What I'm trying to say, is that the cars in 6 to 10 might have a greater advantage than ever.

(Or maybe not!!  That's what I love about this time of year!)

yeah, well put Jeri.

I am confused but fascinated to see how the race pans out. As you suggest, qualifying position may not be a true indicator of race finishing position as in past years.

Bring it on!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
Anyone know if Stefan's gear showed up in Bahrain or not?  Just curious...
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
This has to be the most exiting season ever, Can`t wait till tomorrow. Roll on race day. ;)
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

david1275

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »
I done my pole pick with the heart and not the head to be honest. Wasn't far wrong but................Massa is quick!!!  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 12:24:48 AM »
I'm interested in Louis v Jenson. Jens is supposed to be very good at tire management and Louis is famous for being hard on his tires, I can't wait to see if Jens really has better race pace.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »
Good Morning All,

Found some nice pics...Re:Bahrian on an Italian Site that is the equivalent to the BBC.

Click on the icon opposite slide show for full screen. hope you guys like them.

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-cc39c8e2-0bff-4110-9381-0d793512b5cd-raisport.html

Hope it works this time.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 07:45:48 AM by Chris Borg »
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle