collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 588
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Raikkonen senses"friendlier" atmosphere at his new team  (Read 1410 times)

davewilson

Raikkonen senses"friendlier" atmosphere at his new team
« on: January 02, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »
After five years in a McLaren cockpit, Kimi Raikkonen says he can already sense a "friendlier" atmosphere at his new team.

The Finn will test Ferrari's 2007 car for the first time at Fiorano later this month, but he has already visited the Italian team's Maranello factory and attended a day of winter testing in Spain.

With his McLaren contract finally expiring last Sunday, he told the major Finnish newspaper Ilta Sanomat: "I am feeling really good inside this team, even if I am yet to even sit in my car.

"What I have noticed is that the atmosphere here is friendlier than at McLaren. They also do not appear to be too interested in what the newspapers write about me," Raikkonen said.

The 27-year-old's relationship with Ron Dennis is believed to have neared breaking point last year when the McLaren chief warned Raikkonen to stop attracting the attention of tabloid editors.

In a round of rare criticism for the laid-back race driver, Kimi described Briton Dennis as a "control-freak".

In contrast, he said Ferrari boss Jean Todt is a "completely normal guy".

Also referring to Todt, Raikkonen added: "He comes from the rally scene and he has quite a lot of experience with Finnish drivers, so I cannot imagine him getting too excited about trivial matters."

The Stig

Offline romephius

Re: Raikkonen senses"friendlier" atmosphere at his new team
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:29:47 PM »
I find it rather interesting that with all the various times Kimi is supposed to have gotten out of hand, the news of these events seem to mysteriously get lost coming over the indian ocean. 

Either that, or Australia doesn't always get the full story.......but hey lets give him a break, if kimi can keep the speed and fitness up....what's a few drinks???  It's not like there is a video "One Night In Kimi" is there??

Plus Ron Dennis.....I never really hear anything good about the man........

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle