collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 552
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie is more powerful than the Queen  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Wizzo

Bernie is more powerful than the Queen
« on: January 02, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »
Bernie Ecclestone is the world's third most powerful senior citizen, according to a survey.

A list released by Virgin Money said the 76-year-old F1 'supremo' is more powerful even than the Queen and statesman Nelson Mandela. Football team manager Sir Alex Ferguson and veteran TV wildlife presenter Sir David Attenborough topped the list.

A spokesman for 'Age Concern' said: "This report highlights just a few of the many successful older people in the world and shows that later life really doesn't have to be a time for pipes and slippers."

Also featuring lower on the list than Ecclestone are media magnate Rupert Murdoch, fashion designer Ralph Lauren, and football legend Pele, who is 66.

The spokesman added: "Older people have a vast amount to contribute to society and should be able to continue working well into their older age if they want to."

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

Re: Bernie is more powerful than the Queen
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »

From the outside looking in,how do
  most British people regard the  queen
  and royal family?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
Cricket! thats a question and a half.

Personally I admire and support the Queen and our English heritage, that doesn't mean I have pictures of her in my house you understand.

I get the impression that most of our younger generation have no understanding of the English values or the Queen's role. The Royal family appear to them to make no contribution to the country and are a waste of money.

The Royal family need to address this problem because soon they will have a grown up generation of people who do not appreciate what they stand for or the value they bring to our nation.

From the inside looking out, what do you American's think of the Queen?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

davewilson

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
Wizard,those Americans would love to have what we have over here,otherwise they would not fork out thousands of pounds to come over the pond to look at it.

The Stig

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:05:31 PM »
 Totally agree, I am a royalist and proud of it, I would stand in the pouring and freezing rain for hours to meet her and to just bow my head to her. Long live the Queen  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

davewilson

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »
Ian:
My Better half has met the Queen and has been driven round the Agricultural Ground at Stoneleigh Warwickshire,with them.
I have a photo of the event as a memento.
Proud to be British

The Stig

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:34:20 AM »

To me the Queen represents the history
   of Great Britain,something to be proud
   of and hold the nation together in troublesome
   times.Didn't come out very well,but it's
   hard to put in words

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:30:07 AM »
As a former member of the Australian defence force I served the queen loyally and was honoured to do so.  However in the modern era of politics the queen has largely become a figurehead, to me she is the moral compass for the commonwealth and leaves the mistakes to politicians.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle