collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 319
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Piquetslaunch 200K claim against Briatore.  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Chris Borg

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:26:45 PM by Chris Borg »

You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Jericoke

Re: Piquetslaunch 200K claim against Briatore.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »
200K sounds like an amount that is calculated to be not worth fighting in court for Renault, but enough to make headlines.

Offline judy

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »
It does not matter who win this case because both Piquet Jr and Flavio are 'finished' in F1. It is not likely any F1 team would sign Piquet Jr and neither would any team be interested to employ Flavio as team boss for the next few years. It is also most unlikely that any F1 driver would want to appoint Flavio as their manager.

Most probably, the court case will only attract headlines without any real impact on F1.

david1275

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »
200k!! Flavs yatch would burn more diesel in a year.  :DD

I never really liked Flav, but I sort of miss him now. Guess you don't know what you got until it's gone. Don't seem to miss Junior so much.

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:08:57 PM »
To be honest I haven't missed him, what with the new teams and their problems, I have found more than enough to make up for him not being here this year! 

As for the 200k claim, I am inclined to agree with what Jeri said, definitely it is a calculated amount for that reason.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »

I agree with Jeri as well WF about the calculated amount of money, but I rather think Flavio will want it go to court, I'm not sure that he has ever admitted any part in crashgate. I would also guess that Pat is unlikely to give any comfort to the Piquets by implicating Flav, so it will be interesting just how they can show he is culpable.

I still think there are few men with big enough balls to push a middle team to become championship winners, Flav is one of those and F1 could do with him especially now as sponsors are hard to find. He like Bernie, for all their faults, has proved himself a very smart operator and teams like HRT or even Sauber could do with his flamboyant and fundraising skills.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:08:29 PM »

I still think there are few men with big enough balls to push a middle team to become championship winners, Flav is one of those and F1 could do with him especially now as sponsors are hard to find. He like Bernie, for all their faults, has proved himself a very smart operator and teams like HRT or even Sauber could do with his flamboyant and fundraising skills.

Getting results at your job isn't enough any more.  How you get those results matters more now.  Obviously I can't speak to the way Flavio got results, but a hypothetically mean person might no longer be welcome in F1, regardless of how many points/sponsors they earned.

Ironically, I think Flavio was the person in F1 who best understood that appearances are at least as important as results.  He just didn't know that in the modern age, there is so much more information and innuendo that affet those appearances.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »
Blabbio and young Piquet deserve each other. A pox on both their houses.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

FW14B

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 02:05:35 PM »
Yup, couldn't agree more Cos!

Offline judy

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
I never like Flavio and Junior, so I don't miss them. I would prefer that they don't come back to F1 at all. I fully afree with Cos that both deserve each other.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
I never like Flavio and Junior, so I don't miss them. I would prefer that they don't come back to F1 at all. I fully afree with Cos that both deserve each other.

No matter what any court says, in my opinion they both lied, and have been a disgrace to Formula 1. I do not miss Flavio at all, and neither Piquet Junior for that matter. :nono:
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline judy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
I am sure both Flavio and Junior lied. Even Massa suspected that immediately after the race.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

I am sure both Flavio and Junior lied. Even Massa suspected that immediately after the race.

I think when you are in the Ferrari team and it's not one of your own on the top step you always suspect a conspiracy by someone. goes with the territory.  :P  :DD :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 10:47:16 PM »

I think when you are in the Ferrari team and it's not one of your own on the top step you always suspect a conspiracy by someone. goes with the territory.  :P  :DD :DD

By no means do I support Ferrari, but as the result stood at Singapore, it did not do Massa any favours!!!! :crazy:

You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
Don't count Flav out,I wouldn't be a bit
surprised to see him return and he did
bring a flair that none of the other team
leaders show.

The only person who admitted any wrong doing
was Piquet and he didn't even get a slap on the
wrist.I'd imagine he's on the black list now and
rightfully so.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle